Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

I rarely noticed it in DBC14 myself. Loved whipping the ball off the hips or smashing a pull shot through mid wicket. Neither of those exist in DBC17....
Overall, I have to say I'm very let down by this release. So many things seem to have taken steps BACK. The shot variety, as mentioned by many, with direction seemingly predetermined and shot choice mostly totally random. This problem alone is just about a deal breaker right there as it couldn't be more pivotal to the game.

Then the academy. Is it me, or have options been TAKEN OUT? Like colour options for player gear. The option for choosing eyewear is still in. Shame then I'm yet to see one player actually wearing any....

And the commentary! What happened there? No offence to Mike Coward, enjoy his work, but he is NOT a play-by-play guy. Not to mention that the accuracy in comments is way off, and the touted "banter" is virtually non existent.

The numerous other bugs I get. Small studio, small market, I get it. I got it with DBC14, and I loved (still love!) that game. But this is a second generation release now, and there'd be many who feel this is still only a near-RC beta. Of a first time release!

So much like the jerky-fest PS3 release, this may well get shelved until either a big patch, or the PC release. I bought both last time out. I'll need convincing this time.

BTW, is there a way to sign onto the academy on PS4 with my PC academy credentials?.... (seems like a big oversight)

Agree with all of this.

This may seem like a really stupid question but I'm wary of taking anything for granted with the absence of career stats, etc. Can someone just confirm that you can still go into a game, simulate from the pause menu, and watch the scoreboard as it progresses, including the old options of it stopping automatically after a wicket, or at the end of a set number of overs or after a set number of runs, etc. I used to use this a lot for setting up quick offline competitions between friends for fun (choosing teams, lineups, etc, then letting the AI slug it out, and seeing how everyone did) - with some people talking about the difficulty of seeing the scorecard now, I just want to check it's still there. A simple yes would be fine, or a screenshot would be wonderful.

I keep getting that glitch where the batsman bats down the pitch..happen to me like 4 times in 20 minutes in career mode.
I hope the patch releases soon.

Please:

• Get a video if you can
  • Bat for a while if you can

I'd love to see how this plays out, heh. Can you only do it in career mode, or does it happen in the arcade modes as well? Online?

Hey guys, hopefully this video clears up the batsmen at the non-strikers glitch. It happens fairly frequently for me (every 5 or so overs) but thankfully the game crashes so often that those 5 overs means I only see it every 2 or 3 hours!!

This may seem like a really stupid question but I'm wary of taking anything for granted with the absence of career stats, etc. Can someone just confirm that you can still go into a game, simulate from the pause menu, and watch the scoreboard as it progresses, including the old options of it stopping automatically after a wicket, or at the end of a set number of overs or after a set number of runs, etc. I used to use this a lot for setting up quick offline competitions between friends for fun (choosing teams, lineups, etc, then letting the AI slug it out, and seeing how everyone did) - with some people talking about the difficulty of seeing the scorecard now, I just want to check it's still there. A simple yes would be fine, or a screenshot would be wonderful.

Simulate functionality remains the same. You can simulate till end of the session or the fall of a wkt or till certain no. of runs etc.

Hey guys, hopefully this video clears up the batsmen at the non-strikers glitch

Hahahaha, oh my god. That's horrific. That's bad. Funny... but yeah. That should've been caught.

Hahahaha, oh my god. That's horrific. That's bad. Funny... but yeah. That should've been caught.

Yeah it's pretty damn infuriating. I actually had one where the bowler missed the wicket but then the player was run out. The batsmen wasn't out stumper, it was the non-striker that was out even though they never left their crease. Really bizarre all around.

That doesn't even read like it makes sense... Haha. Thanks for the video, i stand by my assessment that should remain in the online portion of the game and I'll be taking my stance there against Matt's Yellow Jacketed Killer Whales.

Hey guys, hopefully this video clears up the batsmen at the non-strikers glitch. It happens fairly frequently for me (every 5 or so overs) but thankfully the game crashes so often that those 5 overs means I only see it every 2 or 3 hours!!
It never happenned with me. I hv not played any test match though.

I played the demo and had a question regarding spin bowling. Even if I produce an ideal spin input and do a perfect release, the RPM is below 850.... and what does the effort release do?

Can someone please help me with the names of users who've created awesome (5-star) real teams? I aware of Casper, Fissionmailed but teams are limited.

Thanks.

I've noticed that images on kits appear lower resolution in match than in the academy. Is this intentional?

I get this batsmen at wrong end bug too (xbone). It was infuriating the first time it happened as i was well on my way to a 50+ run innings. However ive learned now to quickly exit game b4 the ball is bowled and reenter the game and I'm always back where i should be. Just time consuming and annoying now....

How do you change your created teams attire in the competitions? or do you have to use the same one for all the games?

Users who are viewing this thread