Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

X Factor

Panel of Selectors
X Rebels
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
my first post regarding DBC17, want to know whether D/N Test matches are included in the game?

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
yes even in career mode -- a tour of 3 tests may include 1 day/night -- it will be random

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I think bowling in DBC 17—particularly spin bowling—is a definite improvement over its predecessor. It's the only reason I am playing the game, ignoring just how woefully broken and deficient it is in certain other key aspects. My only gripe with the bowling is that it's terribly, terribly hard to bowl bouncers—harder than it ought to be.

However, you are right that there is definitely a leaning curve. But if you hunker down and concentrate hard enough on getting the jump and release right, you are sorted. After that you have to basically use your head. For instance, last night I played a couple of T20s with Pak against NZ. I lost the first one on a flat track with next-to-no assistance for my bowlers. I made 150-odd batting first. I got a couple of early wickets and was very confident of running through the rest of them. That's when Kane Wiliamson dropped anchor and decided he was going to see his side through—which they did with 2 overs to spare and 6 wickets still in hand.

In the next game, I set them a target of 170-odd. The game described the pitch as being an uneven and soft surface with cracks. My fast bowlers again got an early breakthrough, but it did little to arrest the flow of runs. The Kiwi batsmen were cruising along on what appeared to be a pretty docile wicket from a fast-bowling perspective, going at over 10 runs per over in the powerplay. Then I brought on my spinners, who put the brakes on the scoring. And soon, a couple of wickets followed. Then I decided to bring back a fast bowler from one end. However, this time I made a key adjustment, in that I bowled a lot of cutters. The strategy worked like a dream, allowing me to bundle them out for 90-odd runs.

Thanks for the tip of using spinners to slow down the scoring. Pace bowling is impossible. Every single in-swing or out-swing I bowl irrespective of length always ends up as a wide. I am forced to bowl only the other types.

dp458

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Ok I managed to get the community to work, however when i try to get best in the team area.

I get Alert

The Academy Sharing Service is not available.

HELP????

ratesaread

Club Cricketer
Thanks for the tip of using spinners to slow down the scoring. Pace bowling is impossible. Every single in-swing or out-swing I bowl irrespective of length always ends up as a wide. I am forced to bowl only the other types.
With fast bowling, stick to good-length deliveries for the most part. As for controlling swing, what you need to do is to release the right stick upwards in a manner that it points slightly in the direction opposite that of the desired swing. For example, you have to release it towards 11 o'clock or 10 o'clock when trying to swing the ball into a right hander. This way the ball will start at or just outside the off stump and swing in nicely from there. In my experience, the pitch plays a huge role in how effective a particular type of bowler is going to be for you.

And you are welcome.

Wee Cooper

School Cricketer
Hi.

It's been a while since I posted but I've a question. Does DB17 have 2 v 2 multiplayer? I picked it up the other day but haven't had time to take it out for more than a cursory play, online MP is down the list at present. I've mates who're holding off buying it until they know for definite, especially seeing as it never arrived on PS4 in the last game. Can anyone help me out with an answer?

Thanks in advance.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hi.

It's been a while since I posted but I've a question. Does DB17 have 2 v 2 multiplayer? I picked it up the other day but haven't had time to take it out for more than a cursory play, online MP is down the list at present. I've mates who're holding off buying it until they know for definite, especially seeing as it never arrived on PS4 in the last game. Can anyone help me out with an answer?

Thanks in advance.

The last game was on PS4 but had a different title (It was called 'Don Bradman Cricket'). There is offline 2v2 but I can't tell you about online 2v2...

Ramz

International Coach
Does anybody know how to have host nation host a WC?? I cant seem to get it too work!! Hopefully Ross or Matt can tell us how to do it

ChrisCricket

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Overcompensate for swing. If you are bowling an away swinger you need to aim outside leg...

How firmly do i need to move the R analog stick ?

I think im having trouble because the xbox one controller is more senstive than xbox 360 one

Users who are viewing this thread