Don Bradman Cricket 17 - Suggestions

Call/Email them. Expecting a reply here is not the right way. If they dont answer or respond to email you have every right to be pissed or bitch about. Correct?[DOUBLEPOST=1482298637][/DOUBLEPOST]But I agree to one thing @Royce , now that an update is out not sure if I call it Patch 1, they have to atleast be responsive and say whats fixed and what is the future plans. That way there is a communication process going. If not here atleast on their official forum

I never suggested that they had to be here or do anything, I merely copied and pasted what google came up with when i searched "customer relations"...

And yeah, would love some info on whats actually in the patch!

"Customer relations, or customer service, refers to the way a business communicates and interacts with the public to gain and retain customers. It is necessary for a business to cultivate good customer relations to attract and keep a loyal base of customers."

I agree with you on some of the games issues, but this is a dumb post, this isn't the time to be posting on forums.

I've got PMs from at least 3 staff members the past 2 weeks talking me through issues with the game/academy, I think it's time to start acting a bit less like a twat bud.

I agree with you on some of the games issues, but this is a dumb post, this isn't the time to be posting on forums.

I've got PMs from at least 3 staff members the past 2 weeks talking me through issues with the game/academy, I think it's time to start acting a bit less like a twat bud.

See I've received none, so I feel entitled to act like a twat, as I was told on this forum that I would be messaged by a QA person, and I've been waiting 5 days... seems like pretty bad customer service to me...

See I've received none, so I feel entitled to act like a twat, as I was told on this forum that I would be messaged by a QA person, and I've been waiting 5 days... seems like pretty bad customer service to me...

I think Australia declared a month long national holiday to laugh at the England Cricket team. Check back in January some time.

I think Australia declared a month long national holiday to laugh at the England Cricket team. Check back in January some time.

It's been great too... Now that everyone's stopped laughing at the Australian team :P

It's been great too... Now that everyone's stopped laughing at the Australian team :P
well i wouldnt count the chickens till they have hatched, im not convinced bout that last victory to be honest and your cant call the white wash against a lack luster NZ team much to go by, im intrested to see the boxing day test, jury still out on the new look team!

Firstly, huge thanks BA for bringing us DBC17! May the updates, and then the sequels, continue! After sitting down and playing for a bit (on PS4), here were couple things that mattered to me that I'd thought I'd note down in case they are worth considering. I am pretty much exclusively a Career mode player who immensely enjoys playing as an individual cricketer.

To foreshadow my DBC17 notes, I just wanted to say these were my absolute fav things about DBC14 post-launch updates (among the plentiful fixes BA got in for us), so cheers:
  • Sim to next career player ball. Big win!! (now I just wish there was a toggle in settings to automate this to ALWAYS go to next career player ball when batting/bowling - kinda like in 'MLB The Show' RTTS mode you can set this)
  • Unlimited time to look at field placements when batting. Big win!!
DBC17 suggestions/notes:
  • Cannot play as single cricketer in any single match or created series/comp. Ideally, even if I could choose an individual player on the Line-up screen pre-game somehow, this would suffice. So I can play a one-off match or tourney Be-A-Pro style, without having to play as or affect my Saved Career Player. My end-game here is I wanna jump in and play a quick T20 Big Bash season for example, as a single player, whenever I like.
  • No match summary one-liner while simulating match "TeamX leads(/trails) by 204 runs" or "TeamY needs 32 runs from 20 balls to win" etc, ideally having this one-liner updating on-screen on-the-fly while simming gives user a lot of context during long periods of simulation churn... esp. in Career mode during long First Class matches/seasons, and the later inns in limited overs. I guarantee it would add to the drama if you had this while scorecard was simming away. Particularly in Career matches, but anytime someone sims a match, or towards end of a match, for that matter.
  • Ditto put a summary one-liner somewhere in match summary on Pause Menu... save everyone having to do the maths themselves to figure who leads/trails! (This niggled me a bit on the Match Summary screening in DBC14 if I saved and exited/resumed midway through a long fought First Class match in Career mode.)
  • Pre-Bowler Run-up while batting... why not put 'Field View' on both L2 and R2? You went and changed this to R2... maybe folks liked it on L2? I know I was pretty comfortable with holding L2 to look around at the field while batting.
  • The running between wickets Dive now being on a 'Hold' press. Can we not just make it a tap as per DBC14? Tho I see what you were going for.. but it was more fun when there used to be more freedom and satisfaction in timing the dive right. Now its just always canned so that if you have queued a Dive it always dives right at the perfect moment to ground the bat early before the line. But I can't help feeling like the Running between wickets lost some charm/skill and just 'nice feel' compared to DBC14.
  • Team Total on simulation screen still obscured by menu options bottom right. This was same in DBC14, and still drives me a bit batty. Can we not just bung the small sim menu/overlay in the middle of screen until user has activated sim?
DBC17 Bugs: (You probably don't want bugs in this thread but while I had couple noted from my play session, I thought I'd just get em down here)
  • Sometime the queuing for a 2nd or 3rd run is not registering properly. I am noticing this a fair bit from time to time when I'm looking to run a couple. I have been playing DBC14 a lot recently and this was never a problem.
  • In 'Big wheel' the rendered shot lines for boundaries still don't always stretch all way to boundary. Was a prob in DBC14 too.
  • Cannot hit Circle button to Back out of Big Wheel ui, to get back to pause menu, only way back is to hit Pause (Options) button again ... I think this might be a flow prob with a few of these extra-curricular stats/display screens.
  • T20 Super Over scorecards not conveyed in match report. Super Over scores only summarised on Summary page. ... I happened to witness one of these results while simulating a World T20 tourney. Thought I'd note it.
  • If batsman transparency turned ON, player is still transparent after camera switches to fielding camera (when running between wickets). ... I typically always play with 'Pro Mode' camera on, and player transparency ON.
  • Same issue for Keeper if keeper transparency turned ON. He is still transparent during Running between wickets view.
  • Wide was bowled by fast bowler and went to boundary. Umpire only signalled the wide, not the wide signal followed by the four signal. ... minor I know...
Cheers again BA team for all your efforts! :cheers

FYI EDIT: My notes are few days old, hence they are pre-Patch#2 if that matters. I only just saw there was an update today several hours after original posting.. am yet to get around to trying out the new update at time of writing.

Last edited:
"There is a remaining issue that logos in downloaded teams are taking more memory than is available which is causing crashes in Career Mode and Competitions."

@BigAntStudios - When you download a team on the Academy, in the same way that you can choose the option of downloading with or without logos, would it be possible to add an option where it asks you if you want to download with or without stadiums? I personally have found that when a team has lots of attached stadiums with a lot of logos each, it was taking ages to download the team (back when I could actually get to the download stage without it crashing), when all I really want is the team, players, bats, etc, with the logos for those. The custom stadiums slow my game down too much, so I may as well not have them, but if the amount of downloaded logos are potentially a problem for space and memory, I'd happily download the teams without the stadiums and the logos they require. I don't know if that's useful or not, I just thought I'd offer my own suggestion. I'm waiting for PC release anyway, but I don't know if that would help for now.

One small thing I would like to see is the ability to choose which stadium to play career matches at, out of your teams grounds. For example, if I add Canterbury, Beckenham and Tunbridge Wells to Kent they all receive an equal number of games, when in reality I only want to play a few odd matches away from Canterbury.

Can you stop the moronic fielders constantly throwing at the stumps when there's no one at the bowlers end....especially when the batsmen aren't even running. I'm experiencing so many over throws and makes it really hard to bowl maidens. Always good when the batsman blocks it and mid off throws it to the boundary for four :facepalm

Can you stop the moronic fielders constantly throwing at the stumps when there's no one at the bowlers end....especially when the batsmen aren't even running. I'm experiencing so many over throws and makes it really hard to bowl maidens. Always good when the batsman blocks it and mid off throws it to the boundary for four :facepalm

This is an odd one - I've seen so many posts about this but i haven't noticed it at all.

Do you run back to the stumps like a good bowler? I do and I have had no issues with this either.

I'm talking about batting and bowling. I reckon I have seen only 1 or 2 overthrown and both were "reasonable" and few silly throws at the wickets

Users who are viewing this thread