Don Bradman Cricket 17 - Suggestions

With AI fielding slackness, there is a work around. I tend to not go for a single that I know would not be on irl.

With AI fielding slackness, there is a work around. I tend to not go for a single that I know would not be on irl.

I don't press R2 (sprint trigger) but there are still way too many easy runs on offer.

It would be great to choose match time and ball color for a specific Test/Fc match during a series/league similar to international or first class cricket. It is becoming a norm that international teams play a single test match with pink ball under the lights and the rest with the red ball.

It would be great to choose match time and ball color for a specific Test/Fc match during a series/league similar to international or first class cricket. It is becoming a norm that international teams play a single test match with pink ball under the lights and the rest with the red ball.
I think i read somewhere on here that in career mode, when you play a test series you will get a day/night test thrown into the mix....when , where and how random it is, i have no idea. :)

My list of items which need to be addressed in priority order...

1. Batting with shots to all areas of the field in 360 degree arc
2. AI fielding to be tightened so you don't get a run every time you hit the ball
3. AI Field sets, especially for limited overs formats
4. Turn down number of extras by AI bowlers, especially wides and byes
5. Framerate issues
6. Stats

Believe me , the Slow Lacklustre Fielding issue is not only with regards to AI , when I`m in control of my fielders or in Online Games its exactly the same .

You can basically not stop a guy from playing a tip and run game , nevermind the slow reactions in the outfield when tapping a ball back .

An all Around Polish and Hurry up of the fielders is required , with specific focus on the two at the stumps to try and break the wickets faster when required .

PS. I`m still waiting for some explanation as to how the throwing in works with regards to the coloured bar over a fielders head. I have had 2 x Direct hits in about 60 Overs of Game Play , and are not too happy about that "Strike Rate"

Believe me , the Slow Lacklustre Fielding issue is not only with regards to AI , when I`m in control of my fielders or in Online Games its exactly the same .

You can basically not stop a guy from playing a tip and run game , nevermind the slow reactions in the outfield when tapping a ball back .

An all Around Polish and Hurry up of the fielders is required , with specific focus on the two at the stumps to try and break the wickets faster when required .

PS. I`m still waiting for some explanation as to how the throwing in works with regards to the coloured bar over a fielders head. I have had 2 x Direct hits in about 60 Overs of Game Play , and are not too happy about that "Strike Rate"

In the bar, aim for the green zone.
Closer the fielder , bigger is the bar and vice Versa.
If u R in the brown zone chances R of overthrows.
So a nice risk reward game here.

Infact I really like the fielding controlls here.
Outfielders should not b able to hit direct form the boundary.

Problem mainly is with the silly dives the fielders make and general sluggishness on the field.
Super fast Running by batsman further spoils the whole thing....

Thanks alot mate , I was thinking its either the green bar (thats gets almost too tiny to see when you are on the boundary) , or the little Blue "button" on top of the bar (Wonder what that is for anyway)

Yes the concept as you explained above makes alot of sense , they should just have included it somewhere in the Manual / Tutorial .

The only thing is , the Fielders and catchers at the Stump needs to hurry up as to make breaking the stumps and running someone out a bigger possibility .

I've been generally happy with the game play (a few fixes need but already bought up a few times in here). My biggest issue with the game is the lack of stats, more so the earned stats like in 14. It's like there's no history of all the games you've played. Cricket is all about stats and this game is very poor in that department

I'm with you there.[DOUBLEPOST=1482494917][/DOUBLEPOST]
How far are you in though?

After three seasons in the club championship I was picked for Essex but the game crashed going into my first game.

I'd like to know this too?

Edit. Nevermind. Just read post 171.

I've played offline so far so the slow user fielding isn't that apparent as the AI batsmen are way too cautious frequently taking a single when 2 or 3 are on offer or not even taking a run when it's on. As for AI fielding the fact that you can score at a run rate of 8 or thereabouts without even hitting a boundary is a concern. You generally get one more run per shot as the infielders don't stop a single and if the field crosses the inner circle 2 or 3 runs are on offer nearly everytime. Some fielder tuning is required to make the fielding and fielders more realistic.

Overall I'm enjoying DBC17 , the relationship between bat and fielding is a lot better then DBC14. In dbc 14 it was difficult to score just knocking the ball around, it felt like the game only rewarded aggressive batting, fielders covered too much ground. In dbc17 you can definitely shift gears between conservative and aggressive, you can score at a decent rate just knocking the ball around and choose when to be aggressive. The ground feels a lot more spacious then dbc14 which is good, however fielding is a little too liberal, the game should make you stop and think before you decide to take a quick run when u smash the ball straight to a infielder. I feel the perfect balance to fielder intent is somewhere in the middle between DBC14 (which was too restrictive) and DBC17 (which is too liberal).

Some ideas for Improvements:
  • when the batsmen hits the ball to a infielder and has no intent to run and you throw it to the keeper a lot of the time the ball hits the batsmen. This should be changed to the throw going around the batsmen when the batsmen is just stationary in the crease waiting for the next ball
  • Changing fields is too tedious in dbc17. IMO DBC17 should go back to the dbc14 field menus by pressing up but the field menu should be more optimised then DBC 14. For example you are playing a t20/odi and is currently bowling with a offie. When u click up u should automatically be shown only t20/odi fields and only fields for a off spinner. However by pressing L1/R1 u should be able to toggle between T20/ODI field list and Test fields for that bowling Type. Then with L2/R2 u should be able to toggle between bowling types (pace/off spin/leg) and also if you wanted to narrow the field list (aggressive/ balanced /etc). But generally when u open the field list with up should initially be shown only fields for that specific bowling style and format .Id still keep the quick tactics but assign it L3 since it is now free.
  • When tapping back on the boundary rope it would be better if we have a choice of throwing with primary fielder or secondary fielder as at times the secondary fielder is still coming across
  • Option to do bounce throws to keeper/bowler/ at stumps with infielders . Deliberately throw it into the ground to make it easier for bowler/ keeper to collect for stumping's and also to knock down stumps
  • It would be nice if we are in control of stumping's. On ps4 X is throw to keepers end O to bowlers . an idea would be e.g. press x to throw to keeper once keeper collects if keeper is close enough to stumps pressing x again triggers a stumping if keeper is not close enough will throw at stumps. Same concept for bowlers end but tapping O if bowler is close enough to stumps.
  • This doesn't really effect game play but takes away from the immersion with the game, keepers/bowlers diving to field ball from behind stumps. If the keeper/bowler cannot reach the ball from behind the stumps they should get behind the line of the throw rather then remaining stationary and diving last second. Another weird animation is when the fielder is tracking back for a catch, then jumps and pulls off a one hander with a bent arm. The animation looks a little off almost like the fielder is trying pluck fruit from a tree. You notice the elbow of the catching arm is bent meaning the fielder could've just as easily gone with 2 hands. One handed catching animation should have a fully extended catching arm because you are straining to take the catch hence why u cant go with 2 hands.

Last edited:
Look as much as I like AB as a batsmen he isn't the greatest tactician so I wouldn't mind if he stopped changing my field every couple of overs, especially when it takes a while to set up your field!*

*Although I for one love the new additions to the field changer (although it is very tedious to use). Love the 'stop singles' option as well as pushing your fielders in or out.

Being able to change kit whilst in a career mode would be awesome too. Hopefully something can be added in the "edit appearance" section with an option to choose between the bats you've downloaded

Where is the option of "edit appearance" in career mode, i cant find it. Sorry for that.

it will be good if we can have the option to set the fielding for AI team while we are batting so that we can solve the problem of too easy field like right now some time only 2 or 3 fielders stand outside the circle even if its not powerplay(when users are batting). so it makes very easy to score boundaries and take away the fun.
If there can be a option where people can make some custom field sets and AI must only choose the fields from those Custom field sets not any other then it will be great.

a bit more of a realistic century celebration would be nice. Right now it seems to be identical to the half century one, so there's no taking off of helmet, no congratulations from batting partner or anything like that.

Users who are viewing this thread