Don Bradman Cricket 17 - Suggestions

Agreed with a other people, need to add the more in depth stats for career player like in Don Bradman 14. Other than that enjoying so far

I've spent quite a few hours on the game now and to me there are four items which need to be addressed in a patch. I've detailed other items in my post in "First Impressions" thread but mentioning the four which do need to be dealt with sooner...

1. Lack of cover & square drives: You can't drive between the arc ranging from extra cover to cover point. The off/cover drive in the game hits the ball in the arc from mid off to extra cover and if you have an extra cover, the shot is of not much use. I'm more of a batting enthusiast and the lack of an option to drive the ball through the covers stands out in the game as the whole covers region on the field is almost unhittable via a cover or square drive. I've tried easiest batting difficulty and tried playing front & back foot shots (with and without triggers - R2/L2) but wasn't able to hit drives through the covers region.

2. Missing leg glance & flick to fine leg/long leg region: Currently you can't nurdle/flick/glance the ball to fine leg/long leg region at all. The whole area ranging from backward square leg to long leg is not accessible as a batsman. The leg side shots/flicks/glances go to Square Leg region. Addition of glances & flicks to long leg & fine leg regions would be a great and necessary addition.

3. Lax AI fielding: You can take ones and twos every ball even if you hit the ball straight to a fielder in the fielding circle. You can hit a ball straight to mid off/mid on/point/square leg/extra cover and take a run without much risk and 2s and 3s to the outfielder are pretty common. You can score at 8 an over without hitting a boundary and this takes away from the in game immersion.

4. Overcautious AI: AI is extremely cautious and takes only 1 when 2s and 3s are on offer. The AI running between the wkts looks the same as pre-patched DBC 14 and when you combine this with item 2, it takes away from offline matches against AI.

@BigAntStudios, @MattW, I'm more than confident these items can be addressed given that most of these features/functionality were present in DBC 14.

P.S. - I checked the credits to make sure I've the latest patch and the PS4 version I have is V0.1.0.1.0753

P.P.S. - Added missing leg glance & flick to fine leg/long leg region as well.

Last edited:
Can you provide the details How about Camera angle features compared to DBC 14

Can you provide the details How about Camera angle features compared to DBC 14

I may not be the best person to comment on that coz the camera angles I used have pre-dominantly remained unchanged. I use "Far Batsman" Camera for batting and "Broadcast" for everything else and so far haven't noticed much of a change. Apparently the folks who use "Pro Cam" or "Batsman Close" cameras are the ones facing difficulties but I can't speak to it.

I think the camera angle for batsman close has changed slightly but I can't be certain.

I have not experienced any lag issues in batsman close

Just tried out career mode for the first time. The amount of details they put in this is amazing. Everything looks awesome except one thing. The only thing that bothers me is that there is no dedicated section for you to see your overall career stats, which is disappointing. In DBC14 you just had to press L2 on PS3 to see all your stats. Hopefully something like this will be added via a patch.
I agree with you.
I was playing career mode and wanted see my stats and I couldn't so i was abit disappointed and overall its a great game so far

Not sure if this has been suggested or not yet, but the "field editor" in the pause menu should be on the d-pad.
There's not enough d-pad to give it its own button, but press up on the d-pad to bring up the tactics menu, then press Y/:pst: on either batsman to bring up the field menu.

There's not enough d-pad to give it its own button, but press up on the d-pad to bring up the tactics menu, then press Y/:pst: on either batsman to bring up the field menu.
Now this is something I didn't notice until now although it was right in front of me. Many people have been complaining about this. This is really helpful.

@HBK619 @MattW @BigAntStudios I don't see a proper running camera when batting in broadcast for multiplayer gaming. There should be at least one camera which covers the fielders and the ball closely in which the fielding 1 camera from DBC14 was very good.

Running cameras:
1 Far Batsman - Good when played behing the batsman camera.
2 Close Batsman
3 Broadcast - This is a good camera but more of aerial view.
*Fielding 1 camera from DBC14 will be a good addition :)

*Please try adding the fielding 1 camera from DBC14 into running cameras in 17 (Best suits for Batting with broadcast camera). Thanks :)

Hows about adding a TARGET on the info bar at the bottom (there is plenty of space!), I have no idea while I am batting what I am chasing, only near the end do you get 13 runs from 5 balls etc.....[DOUBLEPOST=1481991591][/DOUBLEPOST]are you allowed to add something like WASP? to predict the winner --- probably not possible as WASP is based on real life games and other factors... just a random thought :)

I didn't have a clue about this, Thanks :)

Would it be possible to add this and other 'short-cuts/tricks/tips' like this to the loading screen tabs in future? So more would become known about these features ? :)

img_6785-jpg.178124
Can someone please fix this thing ASAP? It's been happening a lot in career mode. Specially during the start of a new over, my batsmen is taking stance all the way at bowlers crease. I have attached a screenshot

Users who are viewing this thread