Don Bradman Cricket 17 - Suggestions

The close and far cameras for batting and bowling are slightly changed from dbc 14. I am finding it difficult to spot the ball when it's closer to the bat.

If possible please bring back it from dbc 14 as additional camera's

Yes, I gave up on my patience too after downloading few bats. Decided to just play with default bats instead. Time consuming.

Either mass download option from user or, shortcut key to download and replace straight, after fetching searched results instead of viewing and download and search from first everytime would help saving bulk time.

More stats needed imo.

I'm also worried stats aren't there due a to a bigger issue though. I managed to find in the settings section outside of any game mode there is a 'user stats' page. This lists your average and I assume all your innings are tallied amongst all games played. Mine though does not match my in game career mode stats and is much lower average and runs scored wise. I also have reported the bug of my first fifty and first hundred causing my stats when coming out to bat to jump from 0 to 2 and be out of whack. Wonder if there's an issue with stats tracking which is why we don't have more detailed stats yet?

For me i mainly want stats fixed and more stats available, fix the issues with not being able to score in certain areas and just fix the minor bugs (like getting stuck down the non strikers end). Other than that i don't have any big issues, more context would be nice in the future like rrr or even orders from captain (like we want to declare within 10 overs, score at a run a ball and get extra SP or we want you to stick around until the end of the innings for bonus xp etc etc)

More stats needed imo.

I'm also worried stats aren't there due a to a bigger issue though. I managed to find in the settings section outside of any game mode there is a 'user stats' page. This lists your average and I assume all your innings are tallied amongst all games played. Mine though does not match my in game career mode stats and is much lower average and runs scored wise. I also have reported the bug of my first fifty and first hundred causing my stats when coming out to bat to jump from 0 to 2 and be out of whack. Wonder if there's an issue with stats tracking which is why we don't have more detailed stats yet?

For me i mainly want stats fixed and more stats available, fix the issues with not being able to score in certain areas and just fix the minor bugs (like getting stuck down the non strikers end). Other than that i don't have any big issues, more context would be nice in the future like rrr or even orders from captain (like we want to declare within 10 overs, score at a run a ball and get extra SP or we want you to stick around until the end of the innings for bonus xp etc etc)

I second that, this game desperately needs individual career mode stats, exactly like the last game had because the stats on DBC14 were in-depth and perfect since they were similar to what you would view on an ESPN Cricinfo player profile. I can't stress enough how important stats are to me and a lot of others.

I second that, this game desperately needs individual career mode stats, exactly like the last game had because the stats on DBC14 were in-depth and perfect since they were similar to what you would view on an ESPN Cricinfo player profile. I can't stress enough how important stats are to me and a lot of others.

Agreed. Cricket's all about stats... I should be able to view no. of matches, innings, runs scored, balls faced, HS Score, Ducks, 100s, 50s, Not Outs, average and Strike Rate across all formats. For bowlers Number of matches, innings, wkts taken, overs/deliveries bowled, runs conceded, average, strike rate, economy rate, no. of maidens, no. of 5 wkts taken, no. of 10 wkts taken should be included in the stats.

I cannot emphasize enough how much time I spent poring through my career batsman's stats in DBC 14. Literally after every big innings or a not out innings or after a series I would go through the stats and create my own goals/objectives for the next series. More stats there are better it is but you can't reduce the stats in the newer iteration of the game.[DOUBLEPOST=1482100308][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah I just give up downloading county teams from a user because it takes ages.

Same here! I thought of downloading all of Munkeymomo's county teams but gave up after downloading intl and a few BBL sides. It takes a lot of time to download the teams with associated logos & kits.

Last edited:
That's pretty irrelevant...

Irrelevant to what? Taking 2 minutes to download a team should hardly be an issue given the amount of time it would take to manually create.

Especially when you compare that to how long they took to make

Yes you guys are far more skilled, no doubts and we respect the skill and time you have sacrificed in personal life in getting everyone benefited with your outstanding stuffs. But that doesn't mean, user interface has to be poor demanding everyone to spend long time to set up the authentic experience. If I have to do 4 steps to download one bat, no thank you i won't be using academy anymore to get it. There is a big opportunity here to tweak this existing user experience regardless of how much efforts and time you guys have put to make those classic and authentic stuffs. There used to be a mod legend 'Burma Finest' and 'saurabh' who has spent months to give life to cricket 2005 in bats and faces, and all it took to use in the game is just few minutes for end users to utilize it. Am not saying it has to be minutes or seconds, but when it comes to usability, even reducing one click is biggest win to attract more end users.

Search bat. Download bat. Say yes or no to updated logos.

It takes 10 seconds to download a bat, ffs.

Users who are viewing this thread