Don Bradman Cricket 17 - Suggestions

Snowy, I massively respect the time and effort you guys have gone to, but bottom line is this is a game that is supposedly built around customisation yet actually getting that customisation into one's game is overly complicated, tedious and slow.

I'll respectfully disagree. I may be biased because I've spent so long using the Academy, but Ive found downloading everything on my console a breeze

Search bat. Download bat. Say yes or no to updated logos.

It takes 10 seconds to download a bat, ffs.

It's not 10 seconds, I just went to dbc only to time it and it's taking average 20 to 25 seconds for one bat. Also because it resets filter everytime I have to scroll all the way down as I download and go.

1) search bat 2) downloads the result 3) view vat 4) press download and say yes or no.
After download it goes to step 1. And sometimes it crashes after step 3. All I managed to do in 10 minutes is 3 bats and a crash. I can try capturing this painful process in video. Let me see if I can take one now.

It's not 10 seconds, I just went to dbc only to time it and it's taking average 20 to 25 seconds for one bat. Also because it resets filter everytime I have to scroll all the way down as I download and go.

1) search bat 2) downloads the result 3) view vat 4) press download and say yes or no.
After download it goes to step 1. And sometimes it crashes after step 3. All I managed to do in 10 minutes is 3 bats and a crash. I can try capturing this painful process in video. Let me see if I can take one now.

So that's either a connection issue or a crash issue. Not the actual process of finding and downloading a bat.

I'll respectfully disagree. I may be biased because I've spent so long using the Academy, but Ive found downloading everything on my console a breeze

the default when you have a player conflict is to give you a useless duplicate.
every time you filter a search you have to go all the way up the top to actually run the search.
you have to make several clicks just to download an item.
you can't filter players by nationality
you can't actually see the roster of a team (could in 14)
you can't edit players from within the team (could in 14)
you can't set the captain/keeper from a hotkey, it's multiple button presses.

shall i go on?

in fact i will go on - got multiple items in your search you want to download? you'll always be returned to the top item, not the last you downloaded. happy scrolling.

the UX is really, really bad. hearing that it's ported over from their other sports games confirms everything i've ever believed about rugby league fans.

Especially when you compare that to how long they took to make

This post seems to refer to teams that other people have created...

Irrelevant to what? Taking 2 minutes to download a team should hardly be an issue given the amount of time it would take to manually create.

This post refers to creating a team yourself...

These are 2 different things... Many people who buy this game will in fact use teams from the academy, and not create their own... making their concerns about how long it takes to find and download teams valuable feedback!!

Search bat. Download bat. Say yes or no to updated logos.

It takes 10 seconds to download a bat, ffs.

Real professional dude... I realize you have used an abbreviation, but you are swearing at your customers... (Or whatever we are to you ;), either way its crap!)

Another UI issue:

When you select a stadium to play a game in you can change countries but it actually doesn't do anything. You still have to go through all of the different stadiums which will get tedious when you have a lot. The images also are often wrong even for the BA-created stadiums, and are simply non existent for Academy ones.

Ok @Royce, I'm comparing the time it takes to download a team and the time it takes to create a team. You generally refer to two different things if you want to compare them.

And customers? What the hell are you talking about?

@blockerdave - those are certainly fair points, I was only referring to the process of downloading players/teams

So that's either a connection issue or a crash issue. Not the actual process of finding and downloading a bat.

Evidence please!

Also, read his post... you'll notice the parts you've chosen to ignore in bold below...

After download it goes to step 1.
And sometimes it crashes after step 3. All I managed to do in 10 minutes is 3 bats and a crash. I can try capturing this painful process in video. Let me see if I can take one now.

Ok @Royce, I'm comparing the time it takes to download a team and the time it takes to create a team. You generally refer to two different things if you want to compare them.

And customers? What the hell are you talking about?

@blockerdave - those are certainly fair points, I was only referring to the process of downloading players/teams

It says "staff member" under your name, probs should have confirmed what exactly that means, point taken...

You are comparing 2 different things yes, but as I said, many if not most people who use this game will not create their own teams, so it doesn't matter how long THAT process takes, and comparing the simple process of download teams to it is irrelevant... What matters to most users is how long it takes to download teams, and from what I'm reading from the feedback in these forums, is that this process is overly complicated and time consuming...

Yeh that's great. I'm making a comparison, and you're not. No point taking it any further given we're not having the same discussion.

He literally said it crashed.

He said, "And sometimes it crashes after step 3", which I've highlighted for you below so you can read it properly...

This does not mean his problems stem entirely from the game crashing, he managed to download 3 bats! - If we think about this carefully, we can sort it out, try this logic:

- surendar tries to download bats, he/she is annoyed at how long it takes to find the right bat, he/she also experiences crashes during this process, but ends up with 3 new bats to use...

I can't speak to that, may be because I am in US, server response time is long. I am having 60Mbps internet with dual band upto 100. I don't have slow connection and I am able to view 4K videos streaming flawlessly, so no way that I am having slow connection issue.

All i am saying, user interface is painful and it is! Here you go, video of my pain where i managed to download only 3 bats in 2 minutes. This is definitely not breezy to me.

And my request to @BigAntStudios is to consider this as serious design issue with usability and provide some solution like a shortcut key to download straight as soon as it fetches the result. In this way, its just download and scroll and download and so on. This saves bunch of time!

Being completely honest, I literally can't understand what you're trying to say @Royce, I'm tapping out.

Users who are viewing this thread