Don Bradman Cricket PS4/Xbox One version discussion

Are you going to get the game for PS4/Xbox One?

• Yes - on PS4

Votes: 97 55.1%
  • Yes - on Xbox One

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Yes - on both

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 29.0%

• Total voters
@BigAntStudios Can anybody suggest correct gamma settings from main option ?? There is one image shown with White and black bars , each containing series of balls. If i keep the gamma lowest i can see all. If in middle, only balls in white bar are seen. What exactly i am setting the image for. Visibility of all the balls or what exactly ??

@BigAntStudios what's the latest on the release of dbc on ps4 on the canadian playstation store

Might sound a stupid question, but in Match Designer, what does "Keep BARS on umpires call" mean? If ticked, does that mean that BARS showing an "Umpires Call" sort of contact with the stumps that instead of the umpire wiping out the challenge, they'll give it out?

I am loving the increased number of genuine edges on PS4.....awesome!

Is there an increase in no. of edges for AI batsmen or also for user/human as well? Trying to find out as users/humans edge enough already and any increase would reduce the fun factor while batting.

Wow. I flat out suck at this game.

Just bought it on xbox one.

Got in the nets and said ok I can bat a little. Did the practice match and cleared all tutorials.

Made wc kits for australia and england and began a match. Me as england.

Aus won the toss and elected to bat. Just 5 overs in a casual match on pro. Well...#1 the bowling meter is not right. You cannot set the RS down and then set the RS up quick enough to fall in the correct zone without getting a no ball. Its impossible. The only way I could not get no balls was to push up on the RS sooner than the meter wanted.

#2 can someone tell me how to display which way to push LS to select delivery types? It wont show on my screen. It showed once at the start of the pratice match tutorial then disappeared and I havent seen it since.

I cant see it for straight or spin bowl.

Ok so after figuring out I had to hit up on RS way before the meter got in the green zone I at least stopped bowling no balls. Aussie banged me up for 63 runs. But that isnt the best part.

The best part is when I came up to bat. 1st ball well struck and caught out. 2nd ball hard hit and caught out. 3rd ball I whiffed completely. 4th ball I gently lofted and caught by the bowler. Yep, 3 hit balls and 3 caught outs and 1 whiff my first 4 swings.

After that glorious start I then missed probably 20 more bowls. I got one hit for 4 on the spin bowler who came in.

I was awful and I mean seriously awful like have you ever played a video game before son?

I have been gaming for 20 years easily and never been this bad at something. I mean I win 90% of my matches in fifa, I understand how a controller works.

I am thorougly humiliated. And I aced all the tutorials and thought I understand how the game worked and what it wanted from me.

Sigh, that was brutal.

Amazing. The jump from am to pro is insane.

Started the same matchup on am and I have bowled two batsman and caught another one out.

Ok plain and simple. i cannot bat. Oh I can swing it. And I can hit it. And it goes 6 feet 2 mph.

Sometimes it goes 10 feet.

And then doing the same thing as before it bounces over for 4. But that happens once.

Andthis is what I have noticed. When I bat I hold up on L stick and press up on R stick to hit the ball. My played does the same batting animation every time. I may push the R stick up and left or up and right or just right or left and my player does the same hands on top of the bat straight drive looking shot.

Meanwhile I see the cpu twist and contort and get the bat sideways when batting to get their hits.

If I can do this via the controller please tell me how because I only see one batting animation over and over again. I tried holding down on L stick to get on the back foot and my player just took the ball, watching it hit the stumps.

I stink at this game.

Just went back into the tutorial and put it on pro and batting. Perfect timing, perfect foot placement. Over and over again. I am lost.

Edit: this is working in practice and for anyone else struggling to bat. Preload your swing/stroke on the R stick. Pull it back and hold it before the bowler even moves. I can finally hit red balls now. And I am seeing different batting animations.
Nowhere in the game does it say to do this.

Last edited:
Ignore that last bit. It works great in the tutorial match but doesnt work at all in the game.

I just uploaded my australia and england wc kit teams. They are the same as the best teams but I added the ICC wc kits. Or at least the closest you can make them on console.

Xboxone username worldrevolver

Also just shared sri lanka and new zealand wc kits. Same deal.

Last edited:
When will this game be available on USA PLAYSTATiON network?
Everyone here saying Tuesday... BigAnt haven't given any official ETA... I'm also waiting till it get on US PSN Store... This should never have happened, as 13th February was ROW release date at-least by that date game should have been available in US PSN Store... I hope developers give an explanation as to why this happened to the US PSN Store users and North American PSN Store users.

Ok plain and simple. i cannot bat. Oh I can swing it. And I can hit it. And it goes 6 feet 2 mph.

Sometimes it goes 10 feet.

And then doing the same thing as before it bounces over for 4. But that happens once.

Andthis is what I have noticed. When I bat I hold up on L stick and press up on R stick to hit the ball. My played does the same batting animation every time. I may push the R stick up and left or up and right or just right or left and my player does the same hands on top of the bat straight drive looking shot.

Meanwhile I see the cpu twist and contort and get the bat sideways when batting to get their hits.

If I can do this via the controller please tell me how because I only see one batting animation over and over again. I tried holding down on L stick to get on the back foot and my player just took the ball, watching it hit the stumps.

I stink at this game.

Just went back into the tutorial and put it on pro and batting. Perfect timing, perfect foot placement. Over and over again. I am lost.

Edit: this is working in practice and for anyone else struggling to bat. Preload your swing/stroke on the R stick. Pull it back and hold it before the bowler even moves. I can finally hit red balls now. And I am seeing different batting animations.
Nowhere in the game does it say to do this.

The LS is for foot placement and RS is for swing the reason you are seeing the same animation is you are always holding the RS up. Try waiting until after the bowler has released the ball and push the RS in the direction you think is best

Users who are viewing this thread