Don Bradman Cricket PS4/Xbox One version discussion

Are you going to get the game for PS4/Xbox One?

• Yes - on PS4

Votes: 97 55.1%
  • Yes - on Xbox One

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Yes - on both

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 29.0%

• Total voters
I originally ordered my copy from Funbox Media, but as of yesterday morning it still hadn't arrived.

So, I downloaded it from the UK PS Store. Do I think that £59.99 was a touch steep for basically a port of a PS3 game? (Albeit a very good game) Yes I do. But I don't have any issue spending that amount of money to support Big Ant. The work they have done putting this game together is nothing short of outstanding, and I didn't even have to think twice about buying it a second time.

(I have contacted Funbox and they said that if it doesn't arrive by Monday to get back in touch with them) It never came today so I'm not hopeful that it ever will, so I shall be pushing for a full refund for the hard copy.

The whole price thing has to be put against how much it is personally worth to you: I have relatively little time on the game compared to others maybe 200 hours: the game cost me 100 dollars, thats 50 cents an hour; money well spent plus I know there are many more hours left in it...still feel I am just starting to touch the surface of the games potential....imo...

We don't control the price, and if digital is cheaper then retail will boycott it, and this is happening in the market.

Bear in mind we also keep updating the game, we have had staff on it for almost the last year after release, these updates are free and there is more to come.

The average player is over 150 hours game play, that is a huge number, four working weeks of time - that's reasonable value.

I love that people want to support us and really appreciate it but hope they see that this is value.

In terms of understanding what the game is - we had @MattW in well prior to the release to make sure everyone knew what was in the game, we never hide the value proposition, it is always made clear what you are to get for your money prior to committing it so that an educated, reasoned choice can be made. We couldn't be more transparent.

My PS4 copy arrived today and for me this is the best version that I have played. Graphically it is step up from the previous gen version, loading times are better and frame rates are very smooth.

While £56 is a lot of money to pay, I was happy to do so. I want to support Big Ant and I know that over the next year or so I will easily get 200 plus hours out of this game and that represents great value for money for me.

My PS4 copy arrived today and for me this is the best version that I have played. Graphically it is step up from the previous gen version, loading times are better and frame rates are very smooth.

While £56 is a lot of money to pay, I was happy to do so. I want to support Big Ant and I know that over the next year or so I will easily get 200 plus hours out of this game and that represents great value for money for me.

I've been playing my PS4 version for a couple of days and I find it not only graphically better, but smoother (which to my mind is far more important). The smoothness seems to help me bat better and time the ball better, I've not batted this well on Pro before. Perhaps a few adjustments have been brought over to gameplay on PS4 from PC. Overall I find the value is there absolutely. If you love cricket, you should have it.

One thing I find annoying though is playing with friends. They cannot use my sides, they get left with default off the disc teams. When I turn on a second controller, the PS4 will not allow me to play as a second person on my profile. It simply turns off the first controller and turns on the new one. This leaves you having to sign the second controller into another profile or guest, where they end up with default teams.

Other games do allow you to play the game with both controllers on one profile, although not Don Bradman Cricket on PS4. It's not a bug, so I can't submit a report based on that.

My workaround has been to load the game under my friends and wifes profiles and then download get best on their profiles, then go in and customise their sides to be the way they want them. With 5 other friends who play it and 5 other profiles to sort out, it's a little time consuming, but maybe something can be done in a patch.

Just a question. Are things progressing with the "downloading individual teams" bug and are we likely to see something fixable in the near future?

We don't control the price, and if digital is cheaper then retail will boycott it, and this is happening in the market.

Bear in mind we also keep updating the game, we have had staff on it for almost the last year after release, these updates are free and there is more to come.

The average player is over 150 hours game play, that is a huge number, four working weeks of time - that's reasonable value.

I love that people want to support us and really appreciate it but hope they see that this is value.

In terms of understanding what the game is - we had @MattW in well prior to the release to make sure everyone knew what was in the game, we never hide the value proposition, it is always made clear what you are to get for your money prior to committing it so that an educated, reasoned choice can be made. We couldn't be more transparent.

We all know the work you and your amazing team has done for this game and can't wait for the second game Ross but money is hard to earn as we all know these days so talking about this subject is always going to be a pain. I have paid 4 times and only on the 4th one did I think about it, reason did not want to get my ass kicked by the wife for buying the same product over and over again after watching some PS4 gameplay I just had to buy it. I think i'm in the clear:eek: for now with the other half.:D.

I do think your team has made lots of improvements to the animations for the PS4 version as it feels a little different in a good way and the graphics and framerate also feel fresh. Anyway good luck I hope you sell a trucks(more than one:thumbs) load in the next couple of months while the world cup is on TV.

PS Ross is there any news about DLC for Don cricket as your other games have it, would love to download some extra goodies for Xmas.:thumbs[DOUBLEPOST=1423871008][/DOUBLEPOST]
I would argue that he possibly doesn't own either...

It's time to update, come on Dutch get with the times. PS Please not a Xbox one, I just don't like them.:eek::clap:yes

game just arrived on the xbox one. was just wondering what patch does it come with? Also can i get my career over from the 360 to the one?

Last edited:
Guys, I'm from Maldives is there a way to order this game online (Physical Copy) and get it in 3-7 days. If there is please direct me to it. I use US PSN Store and game is not there now will need a physical copy.

Guys, I'm from Maldives is there a way to order this game online (Physical Copy) and get it in 3-7 days. If there is please direct me to it. I use US PSN Store and game is not there now will need a physical copy.
It should be on there on Tuesday, because that's when they update the PSN store weekly. Nothing's going to ship to the Maldives in 7 days.

Can any next gen players post some in-game photos or videos?

I have been checking twitch daily/nightly and nobody is streaming any next gen gameplay.

Check me on twitch. I broadcast online gameplay. mainly f5, t10 and the occasional t20s

Twitch

Users who are viewing this thread