Don Bradman Cricket PS4/Xbox One version discussion

Are you going to get the game for PS4/Xbox One?

• Yes - on PS4

Votes: 97 55.1%
  • Yes - on Xbox One

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Yes - on both

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 29.0%

• Total voters
I often buy US games from my US PSN account without issue using my Australian Credit Card. If asked for a local address then use a Sony Store address.

Provided the game is actually available first. Cmon boys give us a time frame. This coming Tuesday scene on or off?

I was indicating that I buy games on my US account that are not available in Australia....

On the ps4 version has the pitch conditions been boosted in terms of effect?

This x1000.

Had a 5 person tournament in the weekend. I've found the leave button is causing inadvertent leaves with every single player. Some it's once or twice in our 12 over games. Some it's as much as 5-6 times. It costs wickets and I was really surprised that it is not only back in place, but is now usable with L3 OR R3 OR even X button, after being patched out (or able to be turned off) on PS3!

With so little time to react in the game, I don't know of many people who think, "I'm going to leave this one", when they're thinking about the field, front-foot/back-foot, the right shot to play, how the game is positioned strategically, all within about half a second as the ball bullets towards you.

This is enhanced by there being no instruction book on PS4, or an in-game indication of what benefit a leave would bring you in the first place (does it help confidence, does it diminish bowler confidence, open the timing window for the next shot a little), I guess I'm just not too sure on this one.

I was doing a lot of intentional leaves in my last game but was facing a spinner bowling wide and had edged a couple of drives - had enough time against the spinner but don't really against the seamers

I used to REALLY struggle with accidentally pressing leave but less so know. Only played Xbox 360 and PC so irrelevant to PS4 I guess

I was doing a lot of intentional leaves in my last game but was facing a spinner bowling wide and had edged a couple of drives - had enough time against the spinner but don't really against the seamers

I used to REALLY struggle with accidentally pressing leave but less so know. Only played Xbox 360 and PC so irrelevant to PS4 I guess

Yeah, I do know what you mean, it can be something you get a little more used to and do less (I do it by far the least of my friends, they're big cricket fans, but they're much closer to casual gamers than I).

The newer PS4 controllers have a more robust feel and you can kind of feel more obviously when you've "clicked" it. Still when you're consciously trying not to do it, you put slightly more weight on the other thumbstick instead in the weight distribution of holding a controller, this of course helps nothing, as it's registered to both and yes even X! It's the only thing there's one, two, three simultaneous controls for. Why???

The silliest part of it, is that three of these other friends don't play as much DBC, but bought the PS3 version of the game. They like the better graphics, the smoother feel, but very obviously don't want fiddly. The talk was basically, "so this might get fixed up at some point?", aimed at me, because they want me to find out. When a casual sports gamer might lose their say, number 3 & 7 batsmen through a leave they never meant to do, will they head into their nearest store to buy?

I agree completely with this, removing R3 as the leave would be a life saver for me, more so on pro than amateur but I've accidentally left so many straight ones on pro. Generally I don't input anything if I want to leave the ball, which is ok for wide deliverys but you risk edges for the shorter straight ones. Luckily the really short deliveries that hit you don't cause injury.

This x1000.

I love DBC controls but this one is just wrong, don't play a shot or X is fine. Please Bigant, as I have learned to be soft on the control pad MattW but new players will get out like this at first a lot.

I agree completely with this, removing R3 as the leave would be a life saver for me, more so on pro than amateur but I've accidentally left so many straight ones on pro. Generally I don't input anything if I want to leave the ball, which is ok for wide deliverys but you risk edges for the shorter straight ones. Luckily the really short deliveries that hit you don't cause injury.

I just batted for 63.2 overs and did it just once(Out LBW) but new players are going to be crazy at the game. PS I like MattW idea for a defence shot at last minute but in future games I would like a jam down the bat for yorkers like you see on TV.

I agree completely with this, removing R3 as the leave would be a life saver for me, more so on pro than amateur but I've accidentally left so many straight ones on pro.

The thing that surprises me is that it's mapped to both L3 & R3, so either one of them will do it and for good measure it's mapped to X.

I just batted for 63.2 overs and did it just once(Out LBW) but new players are going to be crazy at the game. PS I like MattW idea for a defence shot at last minute but in future games I would like a jam down the bat for yorkers like you see on TV.

You're right about new players, especially casual gamers. They tend to be slightly more heavy handed (and it doesn't take much) with controllers. A guy who's worst at it wants to buy the game, but can't stop doing this. Had him in the nets and that's where I found it's now both L3 or R3 or X. Having just one button of the two and making it a "jam down on a yorker" would be much more useful. The X button is surely fine enough for leaves.

I find myself using r3 to leave quite a lot in tests, i like it where it is. Maybe the option to map it elsewhere?

I find myself using r3 to leave quite a lot in tests, i like it where it is. Maybe the option to map it elsewhere?

Options are never a bad thing, wouldn't like to take away from you just to help others. It would be great to have something to suit most people. That would make more people enjoy things enough to buy the game, as there's no doubt some that have hired it to see if it'd be worth buying and found some things great, but others not so.

Users who are viewing this thread