Don Bradman Cricket PS4/Xbox One version discussion

Are you going to get the game for PS4/Xbox One?

• Yes - on PS4

Votes: 97 55.1%
  • Yes - on Xbox One

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Yes - on both

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 29.0%

• Total voters
Just saw this very positive review 4.5/5 here and got excited:
Review: Don Bradman Cricket (Sony PlayStation 4) - Digitally Downloaded

and then read this in the review:
"..on the higher difficulty levels I struggle to score around 400 runs in a test match innings (which is low), but I have no trouble knocking over the opposing team for half that. This issue hasn't been addressed in the new game, and against the AI, for the most part, I don't struggle, but that's more because I can defend whatever meagre total I can earn through my batters"

:( This is my main issue with the game (I have the PS3 version) and sad that the AI batting hasn't improved. Hopefully DBC 15 fixes this.

Just saw this very positive review 4.5/5 here and got excited:
Review: Don Bradman Cricket (Sony PlayStation 4) - Digitally Downloaded

and then read this in the review:
"..on the higher difficulty levels I struggle to score around 400 runs in a test match innings (which is low), but I have no trouble knocking over the opposing team for half that. This issue hasn't been addressed in the new game, and against the AI, for the most part, I don't struggle, but that's more because I can defend whatever meagre total I can earn through my batters"

:( This is my main issue with the game (I have the PS3 version) and sad that the AI batting hasn't improved. Hopefully DBC 15 fixes this.
Fixing the AI stuffs are part of Patch#3, hopefully they get on the track which all of us are longing for..

Who set this price for the uk the tax office everyone just stop and think we have gone backwards I have been gaming for 30 odd years if you had asked me to pay £60 pounds for 2.2gb I would have laughed gat took 40 mins to load and was only around £60

if you had asked me to pay £60 pounds for 2.2gb I would have laughed

I've seen this twice now: Since when did the size of the install start having a bearing on price in people's minds? By that logic an inefficiently optimized game would be better value...

If you have a very good PC and already have the game then unless there are native PS4 functions that you want like shareplay, PS Vita remote, etc., then perhaps the investment in the new version does not make sense.

We are continuing to support all platforms.

I think my laptop is capable (I posted the specs) but I do not have the PC version, I am going by videos I have seen.

Chief
Well at least you can add up if you young ones earn enough to pay this money for such a small game you go ahead why couldn't they have a demo so we can decide they don't want to Incase people don't buy it

I've seen this twice now: Since when did the size of the install start having a bearing on price in people's minds? By that logic an inefficiently optimized game would be better value...
As I can't resist the opportunity for a cheap shot...
Capture.PNG

That's nearly four times as good.

Lol matt nice.

Well i have finally got a shipped message from Amazon at 15:07 today aftet it moved into shipping now status at 06:00 this morning.

Says i will have it Friday:clap:wave:yes:thumbs so we'll see

Sorry if I'm being stupid but put game on ps4 last 20 mins "setting up player" is this normal on first play?

Who set this price for the uk the tax office everyone just stop and think we have gone backwards I have been gaming for 30 odd years if you had asked me to pay £60 pounds for 2.2gb I would have laughed gat took 40 mins to load and was only around £60

I'm willing to give 40 GB of data for GBP 30. Lemme know if you're in.

The problem isn't the file size, it's the ridiculous price for a base game. People would look at that and think it's a special edition at that price. Needs a £20 reduction to be in line with US prices.

Lol matt nice.

Well i have finally got a shipped message from Amazon at 15:07 today aftet it moved into shipping now status at 06:00 this morning.

Says i will have it Friday:clap:wave:yes:thumbs so we'll see

My Amazon says 'Delivery Estimate Saturday' still not been shipped :noway:noway:noway

The problem isn't the file size, it's the ridiculous price for a base game. People would look at that and think it's a special edition at that price. Needs a £20 reduction to be in line with US prices.
I too think it's priced on the high side (cost more than AAA new releases here) but that's the downside of it being a game by a smaller developer focusing on what is a niche sport in the gaming industry.

I too think it's priced on the high side (cost more than AAA new releases here) but that's the downside of it being a game by a smaller developer focusing on what is a niche sport in the gaming industry.

Is Cricket that niche? American-Football isn't as global as cricket I would presume but there games are priced the same. The problem might be due to a small developer but then Pcars is made by a tiny developer and I think the cost will be the same as other games.

Users who are viewing this thread