Double Standards once more

Status
Not open for further replies.
On 'Fox Sports News Active' It say thats Shah was using the graphite reinforced bat and ICC are investigating it further.

Not been mentioned in the commentary box at all.

Shah isn't stupid, I'm sure it's the painted version.

I'll have to repeat myself yet again.

Kookabura replaced the bats with ones of the EXACT same design to all sponsered players who wanted to carry on using them. It may look the same, but it doesn't have the graphite strip on.

andrew_nixon said:

Kookabura replaced the bats with ones of the EXACT same design to all sponsered players who wanted to carry on using them. It may look the same, but it doesn't have the graphite strip on.
I can back up what langerrox said and can say that it is indeed a graphite reinforced bat.

sohummisra said:
I presume you get more 'punch' out of the same bat. Hence, you don't really need to put as much effort into your shots to give the same energy to the ball upon hitting it.

It was supposedly on the back of the bat to make it last longer and for no other reason.

andrew_nixon said:

how would you know?

Scmods said:
I can back up what langerrox said and can say that it is indeed a graphite reinforced bat.

How do you know? All you've got is a picture. Remember that Kookabura replaced the bats with ones of the EXACT same design to all sponsered players who wanted to carry on using them.

andrew_nixon said:
How do you know? All you've got is a picture. Remember that Kookabura replaced the bats with ones of the EXACT same design to all sponsered players who wanted to carry on using them.
What I'm saying is that I saw the report on Fox Sports active, it is indeed a graphite reinforced bat.

andrew_nixon said:
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/237489.html

So you can't confirm that it is the illegal bat then. You've seen a report on TV.
http://sport.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=435632006

Shah found spirited support from Anderson to address a clatter of five wickets for 30 runs post-lunch, timing the ball perfectly with his Kookaburra bat, checked for legality by umpire Simon Taufel following an MCC inquiry into the graphite-reinforcements

http://www.sport.telegraph.co.uk/sp...i20.xml&sSheet=/sport/2006/03/20/ixsport.html
Shah uses one of the controversial bats backed by a graphite strip, now withdrawn by the makers after the MCC suggested it was illegal. It has not been officially banned and after consulting with match referee Ranjan Madugalle he was allowed to use it

That my friend, is checkmate.

So the bat was checked for legality, and he was allowed to continue using it. Doesn't that tell you something?

And remember that Kookaburra sent out replacement bats to all sponsered players using them.

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story eh?

andrew_nixon said:
So the bat was checked for legality, and he was allowed to continue using it. Doesn't that tell you something?

And remember that Kookaburra sent out replacement bats to all sponsered players using them.

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story eh?
So you're backing away from your statement that the bat wasn't graphite?

Scmods said:
So you're backing away from your statement that the bat wasn't graphite?

No. I'm just telling you that the bat was checked for legality, and he was allowed to continue using it. Which should tell you something. And remind you that Kookaburra sent out replacement bats to all sponsered players. Which should also tell you something.

Like I said, never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread