Double Standards once more

Status
Not open for further replies.
andrew_nixon said:
No. I'm just telling you that the bat was checked for legality, and he was allowed to continue using it. Which should tell you something. And remind you that Kookaburra sent out replacement bats to all sponsered players. Which should also tell you something.

Like I said, never let the facts get in the way of a good story.
The bat is graphite re-inforced. I'm merely pointing this out, which disputes what you have been saying all this thread, and that he was allowed to use it, going against the thread starters comments.

And shah isnt a kookaburra sponsored player therefore it is up to him to find his own replacement.
Which he obviously hasnt.

Scmods said:
The bat is graphite re-inforced. I'm merely pointing this out, which disputes what you have been saying all this thread, and that he was allowed to use it, going against the thread starters comments.

The following is a list of known facts that can be gleaned from the various links given in this thread.

1. Kookaburra replaced all illegal bats for all sponsered players.
2. Graphite re-inforced bats are illegal.
3. The umpires and the match referee checked Shah's bat to see if it was legal or not.
4. Shah was allowed to continue using the bat.

What is your conclusion, given those facts, and how have you arrived at that conclusion?

Seems that a few people have a problem with reality!

"Shah uses one of the controversial bats backed by a graphite strip, now withdrawn by the makers after the MCC suggested it was illegal. It has not been officially banned and after consulting with match referee Ranjan Madugalle he was allowed to use it"

The article indicates that the reason he was allowed by the match referee to continue using it is because it hasn't been officially banned, and hence is legal at this point.

On kookaburra website doesn't say he is sponsored, Aren't players allowed to use them if they want even if not sponsored, just don't get any discount on them, and if kookaburra wish to they sponsor them and the player gets cheaper bats?

langerrox said:
On kookaburra website doesn't say he is sponsored, Aren't players allowed to use them if they want even if not sponsored
Of course, which would explain why he still has the graphite bat as he wouldn't have been expecting to need a new one when he was on the A tour.

I was just thinking, the two strips of fibreglass tape on his bat suggest it's not a new bat. Then again, some people like to tape their bat up straight away.

I think its a straight forward situation. He (Shah) asks the match referee, who gives permission, and he ends up scoring 88.

End of story.

andrew_nixon said:
Well, I would appear to be wrong then. See it does happen!

We were trying to gently suggest the possibility...
The article you quoted does also say 'as soon as possible' for replacing them not immediately.
Basically the whole thing is a complete mess.

No need to ban them in the first place i doubt that tiny little sticker makes any difference at all power wise.
If they want to stop bats getting out of hand power wise they need to get stricter on the size/width of the blades.

check out the engineers and uni reports on bats here http://www.kookaburra.biz/kookaburra_special.php

They are clearly within the rules of cricket.

I would have liked to see them do tests to see if it made a difference power wise,2 bats made the same 1 with the sticker and 1 without.
As im guessing thats the real reason mcc wanted the bats banned.

That article with Ponting said that the bats were not allowed to be used after the 12th of March... so hence, is it really legal? Let's reopen his can of worms.

sohummisra said:
That article with Ponting said that the bats were not allowed to be used after the 12th of March... so hence, is it really legal? Let's reopen his can of worms.

It probably means series starting from that date.

Sman-21 said:
No need to ban them in the first place i doubt that tiny little sticker makes any difference at all power wise.
If they want to stop bats getting out of hand power wise they need to get stricter on the size/width of the blades.
This sticker isn't going to make much if any difference to a player.

1) It won't stop the edges.
2) It won't change which direction it hits it.
3) It's not going to put any more power into the stroke, the arm muscles do that.

The only thing it might do is stop the bat splitting in half after say some yorkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread