Double Standards once more

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have to repeat myself yet again.

Kookabura replaced the bats with ones of the EXACT same design to all sponsered players who wanted to carry on using them. It may look the same, but it doesn't have the graphite strip on.

Still, seems like a bit of an error from Cricinfo in that case. You'd have thought they'd know that (they're obviously not reading this thread).

Heh, how much would the sticker affect the bat. I can put a duplicated sticker on my bat--would that make my bat illegal?

Full tour diary here

The sticker is of course legal. The article is suggesting that Shah has the actual graphite strip and not the replacement stickers but as Andrew says Kookaburra have apparently replaced all the graphite ones.

But then again, Shah was using in FC cricket (Against Windies A) so it was fine, and hasn't had enough time to get it replaced. But he should probably get it replaced by the next time he bats.

I read the tour diary [again] and I could really not find anything to suggest that Owais Shah actually had a graphite strip on his bat. Is this component visible? If they are going, untrained observers as they are, solely by the sticker, then their conclusion is quite faulty, isn't it?

ZoraxDoom said:
But then again, Shah was using in FC cricket (Against Windies A) so it was fine, and hasn't had enough time to get it replaced. But he should probably get it replaced by the next time he bats.

Have you missed Andrews posts on here?

I presume you get more 'punch' out of the same bat. Hence, you don't really need to put as much effort into your shots to give the same energy to the ball upon hitting it.

Andrew is wrong he clearly is using the old bat still.
I doubt Kookaburra are going to put the exact same design on the bats but with a normal sticker as it will make it too hard to tell the difference.

Shah is not a Kookaburra sponsored player so they wont be replacing his bat it is up to him to get a replacement.

Jarryd said:
So a stink is kicked up over Ricky Pontings graphite bat, it's banned, it's illegal they say. Yet....

60466.jpg

He's using a graphite bat, how interesting...

Is that picture supposed to be Ponting, not only do I think its not Ponting but the stumps are also from the TVS cup which Ponting is not playing in and has not for over a year.

I have one Kookaburra Beast model that has the same design as the Beast used in internationals, but it doesn't have the graphite. He could very well, just have the paint (I know it is paint, by looking at the Kookaburra magazine) and also the fact that you can't get stickers that cover the whole bat. He might not be using the Graphite one, as Andrew Nixon said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread