Download the Cricket Revolution Demo!

Downloading the game now and I hope it works. Cricket 2002 and 04 worked for me but I wonder if this will
Oh darn it wont work

Last edited:
Why not a multi-player demo of say a 5-over match?

Same situation as Battlefield 2 demo - in that scenario, there will be people who will keep playing the demo forever and skimp on the full game - which, this game being a budget game, (or like WHM said a while back - "a niche of a niche") can't really manage.

This one might be the one cricket game I bought in a while tbh, not half-bad for a game that hardly publicized itself to be the next sliced bread.

Then time limit it, it's not difficult.

Also, if people just kept playing a 5-over demo, then you've clearly not done enough to sell them the game.

I say its a great move by Mind-storm studios by release a demo with only the practice nets.

it feels easy in nets every one thinks the same even beta testers at first playing the nets thought the same but when you get on a match with AI then you are _______.

The guys complaining about the demo - You don't play the demo now straight a way go to the match and play with the AI when the game release then you will feel why they released a Nets demo before the game release.

For the guys out there playing in nets practice all the 34 shots or else you are going to suffer even in the easy mode of the game.

Last edited:
I think it was a good idea to release the playable nets, cause it has a very deep batting model. So it will be good to get a grasp over things. Secondly, batting and balling are the two biggest factors in a cricket game, and you get to try them out here.

And to top it all its pretty cheap as well. I have seen countless full priced games which don't release demos.

I like the concept of practice training in demo. So gamer can learn the controls and get ready for the full game. Graphics is Good, Visual FX (Special Deliveries, is FUN), Batsman has so many shots to play but Batting Controls a bit tacky (You've to really tap your keys quicker (Like Double clicking with Left mouse button) with little bit timing is also require, rather then just pressing. But, Bowling is Easy & FUN. Animations (Player hits in helmet) is Very Nice.

Thumb Up for the Game that we're waiting for so long.

piyumy added 8 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

Good things comes in a small packages!

its has small size while offers two main aspects of the game to play. It has low system requirements so people (who has Low-hand PC) can play the game without upgrading their PC.

I also think the same.... After playing the demo for 1 hour or so... i felt that it is good to have all the knowledge of key combinations.. and the know how about how to play the shots.. or how to bowl as to speak...

Thumbs up for MindStorm! I really enjoyed the nets .. sounds are great... animations are good! better than AC09 or any other EA game

One more thing... The control system is a complete new concept ... as mentioned already by others... never seen in any other cricket game...

Last edited:
Played the demo, Enjoyed both batting and bowling.

Batting controls are more detailed than any other games.
Bowling Cursor moves too fast for comfort.
Hope the AI holds good too.

Nice work from Mindstorm studios and team :clap.

Hi all, i had played the demo and it was pretty smooth on my PC, but does tht mean the ful version will be played as smoothly as the demo was looking at the fact that i dont have 128MB video card which was given in the min requirement. Any info on tht.

Hi all, i had played the demo and it was pretty smooth on my PC, but does tht mean the ful version will be played as smoothly as the demo was looking at the fact that i dont have 128MB video card which was given in the min requirement. Any info on tht.
The game will definitely run if the demo works on your pc, but you might experience an fps drop when playing a standard game, especially when playing under floodlights.

If you play in low details and day games it will run fine. :)

Then time limit it, it's not difficult.

Also, if people just kept playing a 5-over demo, then you've clearly not done enough to sell them the game.

I'm gonna stand by what I originally said Nigel. I don't know why you are being so incredibly negative. You definetly were not doing this for AC'09, and they didn't even release a demo. Here we have at least a sample of a game. Maybe, maybe not, it would have been better to have a practice match, but at least we now have a basic understanding of how the game plays/looks etc. With AC'09 we didn't have a clue, and tbh, the pre-patched version was rubbish.

I know PC now has a good relationshop with Transmission games, and that really is good to see as the more companies that are on good terms with PC, the better it is for the forum. However, I don't see why you are being overly negative for CR. It just seems to me that you are burning your bridges, as I know if I was at CR, I'd think screw them at PC. If one of their top guys who runs the forum is gonna act like this around our game, why should we bother being active at their site?

If you don't like the game/demo, ok, that's your opinion, but surely as a representative of the forum, maybe you should not be there making it clear on nearly every page of this thread?

You definetly were not doing this for AC'09, and they didn't even release a demo.
They did, except for the PS3 (still have no idea why, but at least on consoles you can easily rent the whole thing first, can't do that with a Steam download). That 3 over demo made many make up their mind not to get the game, by not allowing people to actually try the gameplay for themselves you are really defeating the purpose of a demo.

There are vastly different ideas of what a good cricket game is being able to judge for yourself is very important. You can't tell a thing about AI from a nets demo, and while all the posts from the beta testers have been positive, everyone wants something different out of a cricket game, reading over the reviews of the AC09 beta patch and you get the impression that half of the people are playing a different game.

Being harsh this early on is only natural, cricket gaming fans have been bitten too many times, and a nets only demo screams of something to hide.

For the guys out there playing in nets practice all the 34 shots or else you are going to suffer even in the easy mode of the game.
That is not a good thing in my book. If you need to memorise 34 shots to even play on easy, then the control structure is ill thought out.

my main concern with the game is that i havent yet given a single mistime or edge. :(

also, the bowling cursor is too fast with the ball speed being too slow.

Users who are viewing this thread