EA do the Stats 'stuff' so much better

FitzNugly

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Its a shame that yet again we cannot access Batsmen's Spiders when we want.

Rather - we have to rely on the game to randomly show them.

In general the stats element of this game is dissapointing. EA got it spot on in Cricket 07 - player stats, spiders, wagon wheels etc all available to view at any time.

Mate it will be good if you dont compare ea with codemaster or codemasters with ea they both are great in their place.May be people can do stuff for ashescricket09 and you can see batsmen spider if i am not wrong.:)

In general the stats element of this game is dissapointing. EA got it spot on in Cricket 07 - player stats, spiders, wagon wheels etc all available to view at any time.

you need stats more than gameplay:sarcasm

Not trying to criticise codies, just a little dissappointed and I really liked that aspect of 07. Dont get me wrong because there were lots of things that I didn't like in that game.

FitzNugly added 1 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

you need stats more than gameplay:sarcasm

A good combination of both would be nice actually ;)

Good. That's how it should be, instead of them being buried in a menu somewhere!

I think the game has been rushed out. it's obviously not finished.

Look at the stuff missing, the lack of custimization, the ridiculous bowler speeds, the broken AI.

It's been rushed

It has either been rushed or had poor quality control. Getting the bowling speeds wrong for the licensed players is inexcusable. How can you release an Ashes Game and get all the English bowlers speeds (apart from Freddie) wrong?

It is also quite sad that the faces made by people on PC are miles above the ones in AC09.

Hang on, those who are saying how silly it is to complain about stats and things like the spider etc.

We're cricket fans right? I'd say atleast 40% of my interest is in the form of stats. Its a game which you base your judgements of players/teams and umpires on statistics. Now tell me that I'm out of line for being a tad bit pissed of them not being there!

Ea's last attempt at simulating cricket can only be described as pathetic. They couldnt even get the bat on ball sounds remotely close to the real thing. The shot animations looked ridiculous as well. I woldnt even put the latest codemasters development and the last ea c ricket game in the same sentence. Ashes cricket is by no means perfect but overall its a great improvement on what we have seen in the past, unlike ea who seem to be going backwards . Ea cricket 07 doesnt even have widescreen support which was supported back in 2004 version.

Users who are viewing this thread