Editing ICC 2012

satishmania

International Coach
Retirement havent played with at all just know that 252 means retired and non-active while 0 is active

To unretire a retired player and to make him play all formats we just need to change the vaule 252 to 2. I did it with players like Dion Nash, Brian Lara etc. However after unretiring them they will not have any batting preferences. Also to load a player who is born before 14/4/1967 we just need to work on the birthday excel sheet backwards. I managed to unretire players like Curtly Ambrose, Dean Jones. But was not able to do with Sir Don Bradman.

Coming to the birthday excel sheet. We need to go backwards from 14/3/1967 and create a similar excel sheet. I have attached a sample.
Among the 4 sequence of values the 3rd one will have 1024 cells. One row contains 4 cells and totally there are 256 cells. Each cell determines a day in calender.

Now to determine sequence of values of a player before 1967:
Note down the date 14/4/1967 from the old excel sheet.Next note down the retired player's DOB. Subtract the number of days between player's DOB and
14/4/1967. (Use some online date calculator). You will get a number. This number is nothing but the number of cells you need to go backwards from 14/4/1967. Follow the method I attached in the sample.

Example of Curtly Ambrose:
DOB: 21/9/1963
Subtract from 14/4/1967 = 1301
1301 is greater than 1024 and we know that the 3rd sequence of value has 1024 cells each for one day. And we know that 14/4/1967 has the value of 215. So going backwards 1301 cells we know that 1301 will be under 214.
Next subtract 1301 from 1024 = 277. This is the number of cells we need to go backwards under 214.
So we get 192, 186, 214, 64.... Now open the artmoney table with those sequence of numbers as usual and change the number 252 under retirement to 2 and bingo! Ambrose is unretired or unlocked as I like to say.

Attachments

• dob.xlsx
    8.4 KB · Views: 64
  • ambrose.JPG
    ambrose.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

frefort

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
To unretire a retired player and to make him play all formats we just need to change the vaule 252 to 2. I did it with players like Dion Nash, Brian Lara etc. However after unretiring them they will not have any batting preferences. Also to load a player who is born before 14/4/1967 we just need to work on the birthday excel sheet backwards. I managed to unretire players like Curtly Ambrose, Dean Jones. But was not able to do with Sir Don Bradman.

Coming to the birthday excel sheet. We need to go backwards from 14/3/1967 and create a similar excel sheet. I have attached a sample.
Among the 4 sequence of values the 3rd one will have 1024 cells. One row contains 4 cells and totally there are 256 cells. Each cell determines a day in calender.

Now to determine sequence of values of a player before 1967:
Note down the date 14/4/1967 from the old excel sheet.Next note down the retired player's DOB. Subtract the number of days between player's DOB and
14/4/1967. (Use some online date calculator). You will get a number. This number is nothing but the number of cells you need to go backwards from 14/4/1967. Follow the method I attached in the sample.

Apparently 2 works too, but for the DOB just to make it easier I did the whole table from 1950 to 1967. And better yet, get the autooffset artmoney table posted earlier so you dont even need to look up the DOB codes.

Attachments

• 1950-1967.xlsx
    576.1 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Fe98

County Cricketer
Do the retired "legends" work well for you guys? I've unretired pretty much the WI team of the 80s plus Sobers, Lara, Ambrose etc. yet I've still gotten trashed by the current day Australian and English teams (gave up after that). Does their (old) age limit their performance even though they may have high batting and bowling ratings, or am I that crap at the game (actually, I am, but still).

Anyway I just had a brilliant idea (for me, that is). I'm gonna unretire everyone in the game and probably sim a few seasons just so see how it plays out.

Btw Allrounder, I didn't forget you with your bowling abilities + 200, just haven't gotten time to mess around with them as yet.

Fe98

County Cricketer
@Allrounder, did you get my PM? For some reason it isn't showing up in my Sent Items, so I'm not sure if it was sent.

Allrounder18

Banned
@Allrounder, did you get my PM? For some reason it isn't showing up in my Sent Items, so I'm not sure if it was sent.

Yep got the PM , now checking the stuff :)

I have just struck with a brilliant idea of making the player progression more dynamic , using the FE scout , all the players aged b/w 18 to 31 can get skill points b/w (-20 to +150) every time we load scout this way there will be more dynamic player progression as some player will improve dramatically ,some will deteriorate. It will be lot more fun this way, Hey Fe what do you think of this idea and also is it hard to implement?

Last edited:

frefort

County Cricketer
Updated version of the autooffset table that was posted earlier it includes what I call the levels addresses for batting and bowling. In the previous autooffset table, if you changed the ability of the bowlers the ability memory would stay the same but the levels address increased dramatically after a couple of months in-game. That's why I have updated the table so you can make your bowlers super again or just scout them more accurately.

Also, included is the budget artmoney table. To get it to work you need to search for the Basic amount under Finances/Budgets, then highlight the address found and the Budget field in the table, and then press alt + a and you will be able to edit the budget, coach, physio, and youth team amounts. Editing the youth team amount improves the re-gens. For physio keep it below 150,000, because anything higher then that and your players will get injured for 35 weeks.

Point of note, increasing the amounts for physio and coach does not increase the number of coaches and physios available. It is more so for youth team that I did this, and also the general level of fitness improves by changing the amount spent on physio.

Cheers

Attachments

• International Cricket Captain 2012.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

louis

School Cricketer
Does changing the batting ability still only last for roughly 2 weeks game time?

frefort

County Cricketer
Does changing the batting ability still only last for roughly 2 weeks game time?

Yeah the way around that is to set the fielding ability at like 50000 and then set the batting ability because for whatever reason batting ability wont reset then

satishmania

International Coach
Thanks frefort..Yes its true. The unretired players aren't as good as the current gen even if we improve their abilities. Only Sir Don Bradman has managed 4 centuries in 6 tests with a batting skill of 1800. I ve unretired several WI players and improved their skills but strangely some of them don't even make it to the XI. Darren Sammy seems to take most wkts strangely while Holding, Bishop and Walsh have not succeeded. Also when there are too many allrounders they dont get selected as much as a regular batsman (for eg Sarwan always gets selected while players like Hooper who has better batting skill has missed out). Btw I have a question. How do we change the player type to a non-keeper?

Fe98

County Cricketer
Thanks frefort..Yes its true. The unretired players aren't as good as the current gen even if we improve their abilities. Only Sir Don Bradman has managed 4 centuries in 6 tests with a batting skill of 1800. I ve unretired several WI players and improved their skills but strangely some of them don't even make it to the XI. Darren Sammy seems to take most wkts strangely while Holding, Bishop and Walsh have not succeeded. Also when there are too many allrounders they dont get selected as much as a regular batsman (for eg Sarwan always gets selected while players like Hooper who has better batting skill has missed out). Btw I have a question. How do we change the player type to a non-keeper?

Did you edit their ages as well? I had/have this same problem with unretired players. Guessing it's because of their ages that they don't perform to their potential?

satishmania

International Coach
Did you edit their ages as well? I had/have this same problem with unretired players. Guessing it's because of their ages that they don't perform to their potential?

Yes I edit their ages as well. And I thought this game had not many issues with stats. But apparently a retired bowler's 10 wkt hauls is always zero unless we unretire him and he takes one. Apart from that the stats are bug free with no limits like a reset after 500 first class matches or 100 5 wkt hauls like previous ICC games. This game is missing Wilfred Rhodes, the Yorkshire allrounder who has 4000+ first class wickets. As I am still in the first season with Zim(International mode) the unretired England players dont play any first class matches. And most unretired players from other countries play only domestic T20. I hope this wont be the case from next season.

Users who are viewing this thread