Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
Trenches stuff is absolute crap (got an E in it :S) but when you start the actual GCSE stuff, it's really fun and enjoyable (On course for an A/A*).

Got two exams tomorrow. P1a and B1a Science. Gunna do absolute rubbish, I've been doing badly on the practice papers.

Also got my mocks in a couple of weeks...:S

Any areas I can help you with, Mani?

Well tbh, I think I'm going to do badly because I find no interest in the subject at all atm. I mean stuff like Neurones, saturated fats and stuff like that is incredibly boring to learn so I find it hard to take in.

I have been revising though so fingers crossed I do well. Don't want to have to re-sit :S.

I'm also doing triple science so the extra stuff I have to learn for next year doesn't help.

I have been revising though so fingers crossed I do well. Don't want to have to re-sit :S.

If its a similar system to what they have at my school then everyone regardless of how well they do does resits, have no idea why people with A* do but they do.

I did hear one of our teachers mention we're one of the few schools in the region to actually give free resits upto and including A level despite it costing them quite a bit.

I'm really happy with my grades atm.

English A1 HL- A
Economics HL- A
Visual Arts HL- A-
French B SL- A
Theory of Knowledge- A
Biology SL- B+
Math SL- B-

On the verge of getting an A- in Biology as well.

VAAT IS WITH THOSE B's??!

My grades

AP Calc 92 A-...Kind of tottering at the moment, need to ace a test or two to get all clear so I can slack off for a bit:p
AP Chem 69 D+ - :eek: I've never had lower than an A- before. We've only had one assignment and one test, both which were incredibly hard and both which I got D's on. Terrible stuff. I need a HUGE grade on this next test, like every single point, extra credit, and curve, to get to a B, and then work from there. I have until june to get in the 90s...
AP Bio - 97 - this class is pretty easy. All it is is memorizing everything.
Spanish 3 - 92 - I slack off so hard in this, lol. Amazing that I've maintained an A
English 4 - 98 - again, slack off hard but English comes pretty easy to me.

Last edited:
It's not easy to get As in the IB, Rohit, as I'm sure some IB graduates on this forum (if there are any) would tell you.

Levels were actually much better than I expected.

Also, I'm now starting DofE, should be good.

Ouch. I really should stop moaning about 1,000 word Sociology essays.

Had 2 science exams today. P1a and B1a (Physics and Biology unit 1). The B1a paper was pretty easy to be honest but I found the P1a quite difficult. It's funny because everyone thought the opposite.

On a more fun note, did football and basketball in P.E. today :p.

Have had P.E. mocks Monday/Tuesday this week, and have had 2 outta 3 results:

Psychology part of the paper: E
Physiology part of the paper: D

Socio **** to come Friday I think...

Good day for me today, got good feedback from Customer Care and Team Leadership & Supervision, a couple of things to change but roughly half-way to distinctions in both.

:)

It's not easy to get As in the IB, Rohit, as I'm sure some IB graduates on this forum (if there are any) would tell you.

Yeah, I was just going Indian on you thats all :p

If they are anything close to the AP stuff we have here, (The highest we can do) then I'm with you there. I'm one of the few 10th graders who are actually taking as many APs as I am. But the plus side is that I save tons of money for college because these are college level courses and I can skip them then. And I graduate out of college faster too. :)

Its worth it, but you'll have no life for your high school career :D

Users who are viewing this thread