Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
I'm doing an MSci, so the same level, just a proper subject! :p

History is as proper as you get ;)

How many modules you lot doing? I get to do about 21 for the degree I want to do, over 3 years.

Absolutely no idea. I know for this first year, we need to get 55/120 credits to pass the first year, and none of it counts towards the degree and that is a maximum of 20 credits per module. After that I don't really know.

How many modules you lot doing? I get to do about 21 for the degree I want to do, over 3 years.

Mine's complicated. I do 4 units this year, which are split (marks wise) between exams, labs, and other bits and bobs. Most of my exams are worth half a unit, and most of those exams comprise 2, 3, or 4 lecture courses. That's this year anyway.

So it all depends what you mean by unit :p

History is as proper as you get ;)

It's not bad, admittedly :p Not as proper as Physics, but an improvement on leisure studies ;)

January Exam Results

AS retakes

English Unit 2 - d
History Unit 2 - c
History Unit 3 - c
Business Studies Unit 2 - b
History Unit 1 Document - a

A2

English Unit 4 Option B - c
Business Studies Unit 4 - a

Retaking the highlighted plus Business Unit 3. Failed at Return of the Native again. Exact same score. Every other retake was succesful and I'm now up to a an AS B in History. First ever A grade I've received in an exam. Pretty happy - much better than my Summer results.

I'd almost forgotten people take exams in January :p My summer ones are coming up fast.

What's C1?

Maths Core 1

I was so freaking nervous, especially due to the fact that I had done the whole thing in pencil. It was very possible I'd get a U (Ungraded). I could barely speak or breath when I went up to see my results, I was so scared. I looked down the sheet and saw...

98/100

'Oh thank God!' were my first words. I am not kidding. I was so relieved!

Got Law and History results today for AS. A's in both:). Pleased with them.

Congrats you two.

Got Geography and History results for an assessment we did and considering it was a topic I didn't really feel I was good at, I got a 7c in both. Hopefully I can continue this in the GCSEs when I do History.

Exam results were all right. Biology is essentially boxed off, can get a B at A2 with little effort as a result of my AS results, although I'll push for an A because it will help a lot in clearing/with my insurance choice if I can't drag my chemistry up to scratch for Edinburgh. Although I'm confident of getting the grades.

Got my results. I cleared and passed to class 12'th! :cool:

Although the results for others in my class weren't very great. 76% flunk in atleast 1 subject of which they're giving retests, and sadly 4 of them were detained in 11'th.

I haven't calculated my aggregate yet, but here are my marks

Physics - 89 / 125
Chemistry - 88 / 125
Computer Science - 118 / 125
English - 90 / 125
Maths - 63 / 125 :eek:

The maths one was a shame, but multiple factors. 1. I didn't give the unit test at all which marked me 0 / 25 :p 2. The paper was VERY tough, atleast I passed and that too without the unit marks!

Meh.. 118 in computers.. I was expecting much higher!! You've disappointed me :p

Nice result :) 11th Maths marks always suck.. don't worry ;)

Abhas added 6 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

oh btw.. something to brag about :D

IELTS Results out.. got 8 band !!
9 in listening :cool:
8.5 in reading
8 in speaking
7 in writing

Note.. 9 is the maximum bands ;)

Meh.. 118 in computers.. I was expecting much higher!! You've disappointed me :p

Nice result :) 11th Maths marks always suck.. don't worry ;)

Abhas added 6 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

oh btw.. something to brag about :D

IELTS Results out.. got 8 band !!
9 in listening :cool:
8.5 in reading
8 in speaking
7 in writing

Note.. 9 is the maximum bands ;)

you are a genius :hpraise:hpraise

Congratulations to all the guys getting good results! :happy

I have just figured out that in the Summer for my GCSEs I will have 18 Exams to sit. :noway

Year 11 is hectic. I am in Year 10 and am already worrying aobut my Science Module Exams in June...I don't know how I'll cope next year.

Users who are viewing this thread