Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
Sorted out my subjects for next year, the best ones for my situation were biology, drama, modern history and year 11 cooking =/

Stupid school XD

Had parents evening tonight before I go back on monday for year 13.

It's brilliant hearing teachers being so shocked at my results. All these were compliments, btw "He's a bit of a dark horse" "He does well in exams" "Somehow he pulls them out of the bag"

Basically my work-rate and attitude to study are questionable, but my results aren't.

Going in to Year 9 this year. Can't really be bothered preparing for SATS, msotly because they are the easiest exams ever. Ah well, I mostly enjoy school anyway.

I'm back. 6 form is alright actually, when I wake up in the morning I can actually be bothered going, and i'm not even getting ema :p Got a quality teacher who's a red too which helps.

I'm getting very <insertexpletive> at the moment. The only bit of paperwork for college I can find is the receipt. I know I had to move some stuff around, but I can't think that I've thrown the flipping things. I'm sure I start at 10am on Monday. I really cba with this at the moment.

Grade 12 starts on the 10th for me. AS levels. Maths, Chem, Physics and Psychology. Expecting to play a lot of cricket and hopefully make the house soccer team as well.

Started sixth form yesterday. Doing English lang, IT, Law and History. Pretty decent actually.

Three week? When the feck do you start? I start the 22nd. So 2 week on Monday. I suppose thats fairly 3 weeks almost.

We start on the 26th I think

I'm getting very <insertexpletive> at the moment. The only bit of paperwork for college I can find is the receipt. I know I had to move some stuff around, but I can't think that I've thrown the flipping things. I'm sure I start at 10am on Monday. I really cba with this at the moment.

I know what you mean. I lost half of my Aberdeen Uni paperwork and only found it went I emptied my cupboards. Probably why it was a massive effort to sort a student loan out as I hadn't actually applied for one.........:rolleyes:

I found it. Turns out Mum had stolen it. As you do.

I start on Monday at 10am with an Introduction Day.

Had parents evening tonight before I go back on monday for year 13.

It's brilliant hearing teachers being so shocked at my results. All these were compliments, btw "He's a bit of a dark horse" "He does well in exams" "Somehow he pulls them out of the bag"

Basically my work-rate and attitude to study are questionable, but my results aren't.

Or they're like "Do you think he's cheating it?" "I'm not sure, i havent seen him work too much."

So, had an interesting 2nd day...

Five of us were pulled a side at the end of the day to be offered a place on a BTEC National Diploma in Hospitality, it's the management side of Hospitality afaik. I'm doing NVQ lvl 1 in Catering & Hospitality, which is directed at the practical side, ie, Chef.

I'm chuffed, I really am. I'm still considering it, and need to research it. Which includes talking to Simon on MSN ;)

Users who are viewing this thread