Education Thread

Who are better? Male or female teachers?

• Total voters
Can anyone let me know the Top Australian Universities ? I intend to do my Masters in Business Admin from there.

well..

History (revolutions stuff like)
Art (retro, Graphic designing etc)
Geography (sustainable development stuff, comparing countries by GDP stuff)
English (reading poems)

Maths hate, Science hate, PE love but i'm not gonne become a sports star am i?

Today is a pi*s off day, because I was forced to drop History. That means, I?ll never study History ever again in school life.

Highers:
Art
Geography
English

Lowers:
Physics
Maths
Swedish

That means basically, crap.

Here are my courses:

English A1 HL
Visual Arts HL
Economics HL
Mathematics SL
Biology SL
French B SL

Yours are very close to mine, as Visual Arts is a part of my Art course. I'm taking Swedish instead of French and Physics instead of Bio. My school doesn't have Economics, but my Geo course covers all that ;).

The difference is, I know I'm going to fail English, and Maths.

I really wanted to do Spanish AB 'cos it's an easy A/A+/ or 6/7 but it didn't fit into my schedule. I don't always have the best of luck.

Most of my bad luck comes in group projects in which I cant choose my group/partner. I always end up doing all of the work because the other's are too stupid to do anything and I wouldn't trust them with anything. The other times, a complete idiot decides to be the group leader so my voice isn't heard as much/enough. The group never gets any work done when this happens and I'm thinking, "Shut up. You're too stupid to have an opinion." Bottom line, I never have luck with groups.

Work own you're own if you can, but looks like you need to develop skill to work with others :D.

Listen to your group members, let them listen to you. If it doesn’t work out, show em’ your finger.

Schedule for next year:

Semester One:

Accelerated Chem
Advanced Placement Biology
Advanced Placement Calculus
Advanced Placement US History
Spanish 2

Semester 2
Accelerated Chemistry
Advanced Placement Bio
Advanced Placement Statistics
Spanish 3 (Getting one of the req's for Harvard over with :p)
Advanced Placement English

10th Grade/Year/Standard/whatever you call it over the world

Tough year.

BUMP

New school year starts today unfortunately. I haven't even got my timetable so I don't know what lessons I've got...

Anyone else back today?

Yeah I am, 6th Form, 4 subjects (well, 5 including Drama GCSE as an enrichment) and about 8 free periods a week.

What year you going into Arslaan? 11 isn't it?

4 subjects with 8 free periods a week? My brother had the same as that I think. What lessons are you doing?

Yup. Year 11. The time to start working my butt off from the start of February.
Subjects this year:
English, English Lit, Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, I.T, Economics, French, History and P.E
Subjects in order of likeness: Biology, P.E, English, French, Physics, Chemistry, English Lit, History, Maths, Economics, I.T .
Expected GCSE results:
A*: Biology, English
A: Chemistry, English Lit, French, Maths
B: History, Physics
C: Economics, I.T

So overall: 2A*, 4A, 2B, 2C. :)

Last edited:
Your expected GCSE results are very good, my friend. I think you'll get higher for I.T. Anyway the subjects out of yours, in likeness.

P.E, I.T, English, History, Maths, English Lit, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, French, Economics

Yeah, I've been back for almost three weeks now and I must say, it isn't that hard with the free periods. School for me is from 8:30-3:30 (2:00 on Wednesdays) and I have four classes, each one hour thirty minutes long. In the IB, you only require 6 courses so I get a free period each day in which I can do my homework. Unfortunately, I will be losing one of my free periods next semester to Theory of Knowledge.

Users who are viewing this thread