ENDHIRAN/ROBOT The Movie

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I don't know where you come up with this.

BoxOffice — The Business of Movies

USA Box Office: 8 October 2010

These are the official box office ratings and it's no where on the top list, in fact its not on the list at all. I have never heard of this movie outside of you guys on this forum, never once heard a peep about it in any form of American media.

Sorry, my last info about US and UK box office was wrong. I got the right info now. For the weekend of October 1-3, it opened at #12 of the US box office and at #14 of the UK box office. Here is the source

Overseas Box Office :2010-10-05 09:43:28

P.s: Edited the previous post! Coz I know there could be some here who will pounce of me saying I am trying to show fake figures to falsely project Endhiran/Robot in positive light

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
had seen Endhiran last saturday (9th oct) but was too lazy to write a review.
5 days later and am still lazy! :p

honestly, didnt like the movie very much. disappointed would be the appropriate word here. Runtime of around 3 hrs with 6 "narration-stopping" songs is just too much.

yes, it had its "wow" moments(esp the climax), its the first in indian cinema....but it just didnt connect with me nor was it as entertaining as it should have.

overall : 2.5 / 5.

Shoaib87

School Cricketer
The movie is good but personally I'd rate SivajiThe Boss as Rajini's best movie I've ever watched.After this hit,Aamir Khan & others who r gonna make science fiction movies in the near future are under pressure to come up with something better to make them do good.

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
The movie is good but personally I'd rate SivajiThe Boss as Rajini's best movie I've ever watched.After this hit,Aamir Khan & others who r gonna make science fiction movies in the near future are under pressure to come up with something better to make them do good.

You liked Sivaji more than Robot? WOW!:eek:

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Saw it last weekend. Really really good movie, enjoyed it a lot. But the end was such a drag, kept pulling it like a tooth at the dentists office. Just because of that 3.75/5.

RPHKR

National Board President
Sivaji = Robot. But Robot was good and nice movie. Making of Endhiran is really amazing:):thumbs

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
It was actually boring to consider this making of Endhiran as Diwali's special program in Sun Tv for more than 3 hours. There is a good old saying - " Too much of anything is good for nothing ". I don't see any reason to over hype this movie to the core. :)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
The making that they showed actually made me appreciate the film even more. The efforts put into the film were so huge. I mean for an Indian film, the kind of effort that they put was AMAZING! Yes, showing it as a 3 hr program at a primetime Diwali slot might be foolish, but still it was one of the best makings I've ever seen because of the sheer amount of detail that they showed into the making of such a monstrous film (for Indian standards).

The interview of Rajnikanth after the making sucked! Because the compere asked stupid questions, and even did a foolish act of kissing Rajnikanth on TV.:facepalm:eek:

SaiSrini added 1 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

It was actually boring to consider this making of Endhiran as Diwali's special program in Sun Tv for more than 3 hours. There is a good old saying - " Too much of anything is good for nothing ". I don't see any reason to over hype this movie to the core. :)

Sun Pictures are known to their aggressive marketing tactics. I am surely expecting people to revisit theatres after this making has been shown. It makes you appreciate the effort even more which will translate into repeat viewing. Its a strategic idea by Sun Pictures to pull people back after a month has passed.

RPHKR

National Board President
But Robot was took away from many theatres due to many films released during Diwali.:rolleyes but It has earned more.

RPHKR

National Board President
GROSS - more than 250 crores

Robot grossed a revenue more than 250 crores :) It has crushed all the records of many Indian films

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I don't know why there is so much hype about this film.

Because its a first of the kind sci-fi film that mixes vintage Indian commercial cinema with the technical wizardry that has defined Hollywood sci-fi films. Costliest Indian film, featuring India's biggest actor, actress and music composer, do you need any more explanation?

RPHKR

National Board President
Fans_Celebrate_Endhiran_Release_10.jpg

;) :wave Bye Enthiran

Users who are viewing this thread