ENDHIRAN/ROBOT The Movie

Varun

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
A normal seat in PVR for endhiran is 1000 Rs.

And then they would say that Endhiran is the highest grossing movie ever. IT WILL if they set that much high prices.:facepalm

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
And then they would say that Endhiran is the highest grossing movie ever. IT WILL if they set that much high prices.:facepalm

There is a down in that. People should be willing to watch it for that price.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
There is a down in that. People should be willing to watch it for that price.

even if it is the best film to be ever shown on celluloid, i'd not watch
it again simply because of the prices.

just because its a rajini movie does not mean you rob the audiences by
pricing it at such exorbitant rates.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
just because its a rajini movie does not mean you rob the audiences by
pricing it at such exorbitant rates.
Exactly. What would have been the case if there would have been Harman Baweja! :laugh

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Its not just Rajni movies... The PVR Premier / Gold do charge that high for all movies they screen... Anjaana Anjaani was Rs. 950 there! Its only the Premier / Gold versions here though, others are fine!

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
and the distributors and producers complain of people not coming to theatres and blaming it on piracy.:facepalm

if your gonna charge so much for a single movie which you arent sure if its good or not, nobody will want to come to to the theatres.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I am guessing the prices will come down in the next few days once all the euphoria around the film settles down. Most of the places must have made a killing as far as ticket prices go. The figures being tossed around are mind boggling. Black tickets being sold for Rs 5000/-? Had I been in India, I would have watched this movie only after 2 weeks seeing the prices. Even here, $20 is huge for a movie and I paid it to watch this one.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Endhiran is not nice to see more than once:p

I disagree. I am enjoying it as much on the subsequent viewings. Its a fun movie thats made for repeated viewings (especially the climax parts)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Are Endhiran and Robot the same movie?

Yes. 'Endhiran' is the Tamil name for Robot (both mean the same thing). The movie had to be titled 'Endhiran' in Tamil to get the entertainment tax waived for the film (in Tamil Nadu, they have a rule where if you name your film in Tamil, the entertainment tax for the film is waived). Its to preserve the language and to prevent film makers from naming their Tamil films in English.

The movie is titled 'Robot' in Hindi and 'Robo' in Telugu..

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
The movie has a BBC article about it, so that means it's a pretty good movie.

10 October 2010 Last updated at 22:52 GMT
India's most expensive film is another Rajinikanth hit
BBC News - India's most expensive film is another Rajinikanth hit

There is a BBC article about Rajnikanth's last film "Sivaji - The Boss" too (within the above article, the link to that old article is available). Rajnikanth films get this treatment easily. He shakes up the UK and US box office (this time, Endhiran/Robot has opened at #12 in the US box office, and #14 in UK box office in the opening week).

As far as the movie is concerned, its really good. Dont look for too much logic, entertainment is 100% guaranteed. The special effects are the best ever for Indian standards.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread