ENDHIRAN/ROBOT The Movie

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Its out in Tamil, Hindi and Telugu. If you can understand Hindi without subtitles, you should watch it in Hindi. Its said to be very good in all languages.

Yeah, I can understand Urdu. So it shouldn't be a problem.

The budget of a Rajinikanth movie is equal to the annual GDP of Africa

:P jk

That was a funny joke though. What was the budget actually for this movie? I remember Sivaji had the highest budget for an Indian movie (including Bollywood).

And is Rajnikanth still being the hero in this movie. Amitabh Bachan has played already gone to the role of grandfather, but Rajnikanth is still stuck as a 60 years hero.

P

pcfan123

I read Robot is the highest budget ever for an Indian film, somewhere around the $35 million USD mark. That is pretty insane when you factor in the spending power of that kind of money in India opposed to say the US.

The highest budget American film is Pirates of the Carri bean I think, unless something has topped it since. That budget was around 300 million (it still made a 600 million profit!)

Last edited by a moderator:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yeah, I can understand Urdu. So it shouldn't be a problem.

That was a funny joke though. What was the budget actually for this movie? I remember Sivaji had the highest budget for an Indian movie (including Bollywood).

And is Rajnikanth still being the hero in this movie. Amitabh Bachan has played already gone to the role of grandfather, but Rajnikanth is still stuck as a 60 years hero.

The budget of the movie is Rs 160 crore (approx. $36 million USD). Its the highest in India ever. 40% of the budget has been used for graphics and special effects. Rajnikanth himself gets 40 crores of it as salary.

Rajni plays hero because in the South, we still accept him as the hero. In fact his hardcore fans accept nothing less than a full fledged hero role from him. His last film 'Kuselan' where he played a small role of a superstar actor, it flopped. He is a big example of an actor trapped helplessly in the image created by himself. But sources say Endhiran/Robot is his last film as hero.

Check this out

Robot, Anjaana Anjaani sweep box office - The Economic Times

It is estimated to have clocked nearly Rs 10 crore from the non-South box-office although it had a lukewarm opening on Friday.

“On Friday, Robot’s occupancies were around 40-45%. On Saturday and Sunday, the occupancies went up to 90% and in some places nearly 100%,” said Balkrishna Shroff, Partner, — the company is distributing the film in Mumbai.

“The occupancy is 100% in South and more people are queuing up to buy tickets for which ever show they get, even if its after a week,” said Devang Sampat, president – operations, Cinemax India.

Last edited:

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
A normal seat in PVR for endhiran is 1000 Rs.
WTF!! this is daylight robbery. i can understand this as a weekend price
but even on Thursday (Oct 7th) ?? :doh

will see what Fame Adlabs has to offer....

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors

Fame & Cinemax have decent offers going on (Mumbai mein :p ) .. not sure but the last i heard was buy 1 get 1 free by flashing a particular company sim card. obviously on week days.

@Sai i m die hard Rajni fan, read that statement from the comments box in a review site :P

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK

PVR in Mumbai? Endhiran for Rs 1000? WOW! For Indian price, thats robbery for sure. I guess people are still buying it, right?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
hey howz the movie and

and in yur area night comes in pm like some part of uk ?? hehehe

It was obviously 3am.

Check out my review of the film in the earlier pages of this thread. I absoluely loved the film! The special effects are completely new for Indian cinema and its great. The film is racy and entertaining a lot.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
What the fling does that mean? :facepalm

I guess he is happy that the thread he started is seeing lot of discussions/posts.:D

Robot (Hindi) has picked up very well after the dull start

After a slow start on Friday, the business picked up rapidly on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was bigger than Friday and Sunday was bigger than Saturday. The Hindi version has found tremendous appreciation. Official figures are awaited

Box Office Top 5 :Midweek B.O.: 'Anjaana Anjaani' good, 'Robot' [Hindi] & 'Khichdi' pick up

But the Tamil version is doing bigger business than the Hindi version, in the non-South (barring TN, AP, Karnataka) areas of India. Tamil version is sold out for almost two weeks now in Tamil Nadu. People are already talking if it will break the record of 3 Idiots as far as highest grosser of India. 'My Name is Khan' USA opening record (Shahrukh's forte) is already broken.

Users who are viewing this thread