England in Australia

Irrotev is a wannabe Aussie Matt, afterall there is nothing for him to cheer in test cricket :p

We've won the toss... since I'm in a depressed mood now, my moneys on McGrath having picked up two wickets before the new ball fades. Then the pressure being on our fragile middle-lower order of Flintoff, Jones and Giles. 280 all out.

Please god be wrong! Anyway, off downstairs again, just had to come and gripe once more as I've not got any mates around this time :(

Just to add.. I don't think playing Anderson is the wrong decision, but playing Giles is.. massively.

aussie1st said:
England should just hand us back the Ashes if Fletcher is going to keep picking nuffies while leaving out Monty.

Just why don't we hand the ashes back if Flecther isn't going to play Monty.

Damn.

Just seeing Fletcher singing our national anthem makes my stomach churn.

For him it's probably more like "God save our gracious Giles"...

Winning the toss on this pitch could really prove an advantage, if England can survive to lunch with not much damage done then they should be in for a good total.

this ceremony sounds awful on the radio get some decent singers lol

On behalf of all Australia i'd like to thank the English and it's selection team for doing the upmost to ensure that we win the ahes back. A few days ao they were talking about playing both spinners ad now they show up with the sae team spearheaded by a bloke that has trouble keeping it on the cut stuff. Although batting first wil give them a chance but if they dont pile the runs on through Strauss, Collingwood, Pietersen and Flintoff it could be 2-0 by Tuesday.

duded64 said:
this ceremony sounds awful on the radio get some decent singers lol

It's your radio :) Never heard of the chick that sang the English one but the Aussie one was sung by the Aussie idol. Both were alright I've heard worse.

i don't know if England have made the right choice, but it does mirror their same team selection theories from the 2005 series. Since I can remember (last 15 years) England was legendary for their team changes, using a lot of different guys and it was a strong statement last year that they DIDN'T change their team even though they lost the first test. Fletcher's probably kept the same team just to make a statement.

Not much doing with the ball which is a worrying sign, Lee doesn't look threatening at all after that first over but hopefully he builds into his spell like usual.

I wouldn't really read too much into Lee's first over; I've never really considered him as a good starter anyway.

Eight overs gone and no boundaries bar one thick edge from Cook. Pretty tepid stuff but as long as we aren't losing wickets i'm happy.

*Awaits kiss of death*

The pacemen just don't look like getting a wicket here, this is probably where Bracken's cutters might have come in handy. Our only hope is reverse swing, England playing a stupid shot or some Warnie magic.

barmyarmy said:
Quite a good chance then...

LOL guess what just happened ;) Stauss plays yet another stupid shot to get out, the ball didn't do anything and Clark was just pitching the ball nothing special.

Strauss' form has really deserted him; He really hasn't timed anything right in the whole of the tour so far. I can see England collapsing from here...

evertonfan said:
I wouldn't really read too much into Lee's first over; I've never really considered him as a good starter anyway.

Eight overs gone and no boundaries bar one thick edge from Cook. Pretty tepid stuff but as long as we aren't losing wickets i'm happy.

*Awaits kiss of death*

Thanks for that evo :D
Straussy, Straussy, Straussy
How can you get out to a legstump half volley.
Has to be Evo's commentators curse.
*points a shotgun at evertonfan and shoots him* :p

Users who are viewing this thread