England in Australia

That was interesting, Warne was going to bowl and the crowd went up as usual but seems like he was off the field for too long so McGrath back to bowl.

aussie1st said:
That was interesting, Warne was going to bowl and the crowd went up as usual but seems like he was off the field for too long so McGrath back to bowl.

was that when Warney was looking at the ball because the aussies were asking for it to be changed?

that was what i understood from the commentary im hearing.

It was 2 overs ago when McGrath had to continue bowling, it was when the crowd went up like they did just then.

Bell using his feet already thats a good sign for him although Warne got him back in the next 2 balls.

puddleduck said:
just had to come and gripe once more as I've not got any mates around this time :(

Just to add.. I don't think playing Anderson is the wrong decision, but playing Giles is.. massively.

Im your mate Puddles :D im around! Just at work where im snowed under with the paperwork!

But i have the radio broadcast from aussie chirping away keeping me close to the action.

very hard to concentrate, hope i dont send the wrong person off for surgery lol!

Id love to be at home watching this roll on 5pm! (2 hours to go)

Anderson to me is like Franklin for NZ, can swing it on any given day, hasnt got great control though, but at least Anderson has pace, and yes, he's a lot better than Franklin. I still would have played Lewis and Monty i think they are two very good English bowlers. I thought Giles did enough to stick around, but i would have liked to have seen Monty get a game. he is wasted talent sitting on the bench.

aussie1st said:
It was 2 overs ago when McGrath had to continue bowling, it was when the crowd went up like they did just then.

Bell using his feet already thats a good sign for him although Warne got him back in the next 2 balls.

oh right sorry i must have missed that while i was in a quick meeting

Good controlled bowling by Australia. That really is a big difference from last year. We could rely on Kasper and Dizzy then to serve up long hops and half volleys but now Stuart Clarke has bowled excellently and supported the other bowlers really well.
Anyhow I'm off to bed; I can see England losing wickets through getting frustrated although I think that this pitch really does suit Bell as he is an accumulator and won't get too worried about the runs not coming straight away.

Edit - Stuart Clarke really is a much better bowler than the jokers you had last summer. Really hurting England.

Interesting analysis of Clark just then by Richie. It would explain why Strauss mistimed his shot. He is getting a small bit of out swing which Lee couldn't get.

Hes got Cook now, wow amazing stuff so much for the McGrath comparisons Clark is showing hes different.

i think McGrath would be as much a handful if he was at 100% fitness, but boy im really impressed with Clark, hes got a ave under18 for tests wickets!

Im a kiwi mate :D we'd pay big time for him lol. but yeah hes been coming up thru the grades for Aussie for some time. Wait til you see Tait and Johnson performing, i watched them play some overseas tours and oy noone has to worry too much about the depth of Aussie bowling.

barmyarmy said:
Where did you pick this guy up? He's been sensational imo.

Where else? The mighty NSW always produce good bowlers. :)
It does seem picking guys over 30 seems to do the trick although didn't think the same would occur with our bowlers.

Octavius said:
Im a kiwi mate :D we'd pay big time for him lol. but yeah hes been coming up thru the grades for Aussie for some time. Wait til you see Tait and Johnson performing, i watched them play some overseas tours and oy noone has to worry too much about the depth of Aussie bowling.

I know you're a Kiwi. It was more a general question aimed at Aussies.

i really have lost a bit of faith in Cricinfo these days, for current cricket updates, they still are not showing the second wicket on there yet.

barmyarmy said:
I know you're a Kiwi. It was more a general question aimed at Aussies.

oh i see now :D im a bit of a forum noobie, i often only post a little in the fantasy forums. Your quoting me threw me off :cheers

I am listening to Warne bowling to Bell. I thought Australia might get Warne at Bell early. And it sounds like the work Warne put in with Jenner to get some extra tweak going has paid off, with the commentators pointing out he seems to be getting good turn already.

Last edited:
Warne has found himself a new bunny :D Geez Bell is looking all at sea against Warne especially when he stays in his crease. He let the slider go and it missed the stumps by millimeters, got done a few times with a normal leg spin.

No aggression at all from England.
You have to attack Warne and we see none of it.
If it continues Warne will get wickets.
Englands preperation for this test is the worst I have ever seen.
Its just pathetic.

Why is Monty not playing? Does Duncan Fletcher WANT to lose the Ashes?

Users who are viewing this thread