England in Australia

550 would be great but maybe a little too hopefuly as it would mean that Colly, KP, Freddie and GoJo need another 280odd between them. which might mean Colly or KP getting a double ton. Alot depends on how Warne does also.

gambino said:
550+ i hope

hope to see some fireworks tomorow if pieterson lasts till lunch
550 all out is extremely optimistic. Warne will probably get KP eventually, he hits one lofted shot too many for my liking. For England to take 20 wickets, Harmison has to fire and we all know he doesn't like playing on slow pitches, so what does the Adelaide groundsman prepare. Freddie's not in good form with the bat and I cant see Jones getting more than 30. Am staying up overnight, so I'd love to be wrong, but if I am then this partnership will have to get over the new ball.

Btw Sureshot your sig is a little inaccurate as Warne doesn't average far off Giles in test cricket, and actually has a higher best test score :p

Had you said maybe would they play Cam White because he might average 35 with the bat in test cricket, but 45-50 with the ball, I would led it slide :p

Punk Sk8r said:
lol eat your words Collys got 50+ :p

Bells gone haha I hope England put a fight up i dont want to see no boring match i want drama like last year :D

Did I say Collinwood sucks? I said he would be better off at 5 no way would I say he sucks infact I would be his biggest fan as hes the one English player I knew that could make it in the test arena years ago. Had KP batted at 4 Warne wouldn't have been as dominant and England would be 300+ very similar to last years 2nd test rather than been in an alright position over night.

As an Aussie fan, Pietersen really annoys me - but geez he's good. Notice how we have no idea really how to bowl to him and suddenly the field gets all defensive after he hits 1 or 2 boundaries. He really plays Warne well too. I don't know if Warney really fancies his chances against him but honestly it seems he's twisting Pontings arm to keep bowling while KP is in.

For those who dig stats:
v Warne this series: KP's scored 77 off the 115 balls he faced from Warne for no dismissals (he should have been out caught behind to him 2nd innings in Brisbane though).
v Warne 2005: KP scored 152 runs off 231 balls from Warne for 3 outs.
So totalling that up he been dismissed 3 times by Warne for 229 runs (Avg = 76.33) off 346 balls (S/R = 66.2). He owns Warne I reckon.

Looking at the other Aussie bowlers v Pietersen:
McGrath this series: 1 dismissal, 34 runs of 65 balls
McGrath 2005: 2 dismissals, 47 runs of 74 balls
McGrath total: 3 dismissals, 81 runs (Avg = 27) off 139 balls (S/R = 58.3)

Lee this series: 1 dismissal, 33 runs off 61 balls (surprisingly good for Lee)
Lee 2005: 4 dismissals, 137 runs off 156 balls
Lee total: 5 dismissals, 170 runs (Avg = 34) off 217 balls (S/R = 78.3)

Clark this series: 0 dismisssals, 8 runs off 33 balls
Didn't play in 2005

This shows Australia needs McGrath opening up this morning with Lee/Clark (which they will do anyway since they have the new ball). If yesterday is anything to go by, first up after a break is the only time McGrath bowls - obviously straight after he's had a pain killing injection.

Spin definitely isn't the way to get KP out, he plays Warne as good as anyone does. Lee looks to be the threat for KP got him at the Gabba once (could have been twice) and almost had him yesterday from the short ball.
I didn't see much reverse swing for the Aussies will be interesting seeing if Flintoff gets if when he bowls.

Congrats to Collinwood no choking in the 90 for him and got it pretty much straight away.
Great knock by him exactly what you would expect from him, gritty and determined.

Yup, that Colly innings was pure Collingwood. No frills and utterly brilliant. He needs to turn it into a biggy now and KP needs to follow suit if we are to stand any chance of winning this Test match.

Still no Glenn McGrath. Thankyou Ricky Ponting.

evertonfan said:
I have an awful feeling that KP and Colly won't last out this new ball this morning.
That's because you're so negative. Have a bit of faith man!

MUFC1987 said:
That's because you're so negative. Have a bit of faith man!

Yep that's me. Still, can you blame me when we are coached by a man who keeps leaving our best spinner out?

Fantastic decision by Bucknor by the way; I thought for sure that KP was out until I saw the replay.

Didn't look out for me, it didn't have that noise that you would usually hear after an edge. Aussies were confident but they would try another to get KP out but it was a ripper of a ball none the less.

evertonfan said:
Yep that's me. Still, can you blame me when we are coached by a man who keeps leaving our best spinner out?

Fantastic decision by Bucknor by the way; I thought for sure that KP was out until I saw the replay.
I agee it was a strange decision. It seems to be based on the spinner having to bat rather than a pace bowler. I'd rather see Panesar and Mahmood or Plunkett, instead of Giles and Anderson, but there you go.

Users who are viewing this thread