England in Australia

To be fair to McGrath, he's obviously struggling with his heel injury. He showed in the first innings of the First Test that he's still Austalia's best pace bowler by a mile.

barmyarmy said:
That last over was quite simply a beautiful sight.
Move over old man - you're past it.
Now to see KP get caught in the deep against McGrath...

Colin for the love of God shut your mouth! :p

I disagree about Lee, I watched some of the Australian summer last year and he was fantastic for them. The guy's a matchwinner. Even this morning, he's been the most threatening of the Aussie bowlers so far.

MUFC1987 said:
To be fair to McGrath, he's obviously struggling with his heel injury. He showed in the first innings of the First Test that he's still Austalia's best pace bowler by a mile.

He wasn't too bad yesterday, bowled quite well not at full fitness but theres not much you can do against KP he would take any bowler apart.

I'm not questioning Lee's Test credentials, i'm questioning his ability to do it against England. Which he will no doubt prove in a minute or two...

evertonfan said:
I'm not questioning Lee's Test credentials, i'm questioning his ability to do it against England. Which he will no doubt prove in a minute or two...

It happens to every bowler, Warne has a terrible record against India but it's not like we're going to drop him cause of that. Lee's just got to bowl like he normally does and he should have more luck.

aussie1st said:
Took 50 wickets last year to be the 2nd highest wicket taker for the year only behind Warne. The world doesn't revolve just around England ;)
It may not do, but it does when the Ashes are taking place. Lee needs to bowl to his strengths. Putting it on a good length is pointless as he's not getting any movemnt.

MUFC1987 said:
It may not do, but it does when the Ashes are taking place. Lee needs to bowl to his strengths. Putting it on a good length is pointless as he's not getting any movemnt.

What do you think he was doing yesterday? Check his pitch map thats Lee bowling his normal style, Lee bowling line and length see KP almost getting a nick.

evertonfan said:
You cant just play him against everyone else and then every 2 years drop him for the England series. So in response to the call of dropping him, it's not going to happen.

nice to see McGrath struggling, hopefully England can keep him in the field for most of the day.

Might keep him out of the next match if he exacerbates his injury.

Listening to TMS earlier, they said that Warne may have a back injury.

Could it be to good to be true that both McGrath and warne are injured? If thats the case i can't se either team getting 20 wkts in a match

That was nearly a very stupid runout. I'm glad to see that KP is batting responsibly and not trying to launch it to the boundary every delivery even though McGrath's pace is no more than military medium atm.

Probably from yesterday where the commentators were speculating if Warne was injured cause he was taken out of the attack for Clarke and then he called on a sweater cause it was getting chilly so they thought it was to keep his back warm and avoiding flaring up his back problem.

It was mentioned by some Aussie commentator about 30mins ago..

Playing only 4 bowlers you're always taking a risk, cos if one gets injured you're stuffed.

Of course when you factor in an aging bowler already carrying an injury, then one might say it was a little " fool-hardy" to go in with only 4 bowlers

Eddie said:
It was mentioned by some Aussie commentator about 30mins ago..

Playing only 4 bowlers you're always taking a risk, cos if one gets injured you're stuffed.

Of course when you factor in an aging bowler already carrying an injury, then one might say it was a little " fool-hardy" to go in with only 4 bowlers

Not much we could do about it though with Watson's injury. Playing 5 bowlers was never going to happen given we never did it when Gilly was at his peak so no way we are going to do it when hes not at his peak.

Users who are viewing this thread