England in Australia

Agreed it was an excellent decision. THe umpires have been impressive so far this series, unlike last year's series and Australia's 05-06 season where the umpiring was horrible.

Yeah, even I wanted Anderson out of the side in place of Mahmood. Wouldn't have replaced him with Plunkett though, would be a very hard ask of him to make his comeback match as an important one such as this. Still, no point dwelling on it now; Hopefully England win and Giles takes 0'fer and gets two golden quackers. :)

The Umpires have had some problems. Flintoff out to a no ball and the one before him when whoever it was was given out without touching it comes to mind.

kodos said:
Agreed it was an excellent decision. THe umpires have been impressive so far this series, unlike last year's series and Australia's 05-06 season where the umpiring was horrible.

Agreed they have made some excellent calls, there have been a some 50/50 but thats what you expect at least we aren't seeing plumb LBW's not given out.

At least Lee is bowling much better line and length. Nothing too full yet and only the real one long hop so far. If he continues bowling in this sort of fashion I see him picking up a wicket.

And in fairness to the umpires regarding the little decisions that they have got wrong in the series so far, they weren't ever really going to match effecting so there is no point dwelling on them. It's when batsman who are well-set during crucial run chases who are given out by a ball that is going over the stumps that will worry me.

kodos said:
At least Lee is bowling much better line and length. Nothing too full yet and only the real one long hop so far. If he continues bowling in this sort of fashion I see him picking up a wicket.

After the KP not out he did lose his line and length and just bowled his usual pace again. He needs to go back to line and length and try and get that ripper of a ball that almost had KP.

I agree Sly, he has gone off the boil a bit since that decision. I've always found that to be a flaw in Lee's game at times. He gets worked up a bit when something doesn't go his way and it causes him to lose discipline and become more erratic as that Pietersen pull shot just proved.

angryangy said:
OMG no Warne either! What an idiot!

Warney doesn't take the new ball :) They only had 5 overs with it last night.

Yeah agreed on umpires too - they've been pretty good. English fans will point to a Giles to Ponting LBW shout while sweeping when he was about 70 that could have been given, but in an eerily similar ball yesterday Michael Clarke nearly got Pietersen when he was on 46 I think. Both were not out for me.

Here comes McGrath - finally. Clark should have relieved McGrath, not started out first. Ponting was probably just feeling guilty about underbowling him.

How does Brett Lee still get in this team? He hasn't played well against England for at least four years.

Oh dear Glenn :p Now that was a shame your first ball went for 4. Can McGrath actually keep his fitness levels up for a 5 test-series? I doubt it. As I type this KP hits McGrath for a 4 down the ground. KP seems to have moved quickly this morning.

EDIT: 3rd 4 of the over. Pietersen looks in complete control (hopefully thats not a wicket generator)

McGrath getting owned by KP atm he will need to get that pace up or else hes going to get more from KP.

MUFC1987 said:
How does Brett Lee still get in this team? He hasn't played well against England for at least four years.

Took 50 wickets last year to be the 2nd highest wicket taker for the year only behind Warne. The world doesn't revolve just around England ;)

MUFC1987 said:

Yeah i'll raise a glass (of coke :p) to that. Played in 2001 and hasn't put in a decent performance against us ever really. Twelve off McGrath's first over. Now where is that collapse I keep talking about?

What does humble pie taste like? I'd love a slice right now.

That last over was quite simply a beautiful sight.
Move over old man - you're past it.
Now to see KP get caught in the deep against McGrath...

Users who are viewing this thread