England in Australia

Feelin Blue? said:
Nah about 100 more they will get, Flintoff will fail and get bout 10 but jones and giles might get bout 30 each

He's not bowled yet in this game so I'd back Freddie to get a few.

Yea possibly, Hes gotta play more like Pieterson does against warne and dont do stupid stuff

3/347 at lunch

By far England's best session of the tour; We can't throw this away, we must build on this now and 450 is par for this wicket.

evertonfan said:
I think that as soon as this partnership is broken, England will crumble for about 30 more runs.

Your pessimism is starting to bore me Matt. :p

Good, solid session for us. Time to push on a touch after lunch, nothing stupid, just look to score quicker.

What would the English be declearing on? Way we are going so far can't see us getting a wicket. Greig was saying 450 should be more than enough as it keeps Australia interested and I would agree but if England are just going for a draw then 600+ would be on their minds.

It'd be a huge step backwards if England play for the draw here; We need to try and press home this advantage and try to put Australia in their place.

aussie1st said:
What would the English be declearing on? Way we are going so far can't see us getting a wicket. Greig was saying 450 should be more than enough as it keeps Australia interested and I would agree but if England are just going for a draw then 600+ would be on their minds.
We can't go for a draw as we're 1-0 down. I feel we need to win this game as we have took the chance to get runs on the board. Who knows, Ponting might win the toss for the last 3 tests and it will be difficult to get back into the series.

evertonfan said:
450 is par for this wicket.
Definately, you guyz should look for 500 + cuz if you dont get that Australia will hunt it down, and keep in mind we score at 4 an over in test match cricket.

The reason for the draw theory was that it stops Australia's momentum while also having the series not too far out of reach with Vaughan likely to play in Perth. But I agree I would go for the win as wins are hard to come by in Aus and it would also bring back memories of last years Ashes.

Feelin Blue? said:
Definately, you guyz should look for 500 + cuz if you dont get that Australia will hunt it down, and keep in mind we score at 4 an over in test match cricket.

Not too much over 500 as you have to keep Aus interested or else they will look for the draw. Plus England could get 500 in the next session with Freddy still to come.

Feelin Blue? said:
Na, its different, you dont always score at 4 an over. On better pitches you can score at 4 an over, but its a slow pitch, so it will be very difficult to score at 4 an over. Agree with you about 500 though, I would go for 500-550.

Feelin Blue? said:

I was going to say that 4 an over would be good going on this pitch and then I remembered that we have Anderson and Harmison in our attack...

Yes 500+ needed by England.
The run rate will need to be lifted in this session, England need to get Australia in tonight if you want to take 20 wickets on this pitch.
Australia must not be to discouraged, a few wickets will have them back in the game.
With Freddie not scoreing many runs for a while there is a chance there could be a collapse.

barmyarmy said:
then I remembered that we have Anderson and Harmison in our attack...

Oh yea so 4 an over would be bad. maybe bout 7 an over when there bowling with 2 runs worth of extras each over, then when freddie and hoggard evensit out we will be going at 5 an over

aussies won't be too upset...they are restricting the poms scoring rate pretty well and will make them use a lot of overs to make a big score. England might only have 500 by the time it gets to an hour before stumps, which is 100 less than aussies had at the same stage in brizy. Still...they need to declare by then otherwise I can't see them having enough time to get 20 wickets and they will be giving the aussies a sniff of running down 500 making their batting more likely to be risky.

Yea if Poms dont Declare before the end of play cuz if they dont, Aussies could get 400 tomorrow and then play for the draw. England gotta attack or they wont win this test either cuz it will be a draw or cuz they wont have enough runs

Users who are viewing this thread