England in Australia

This is a good performance by England. They put up a huge score and got an early wicket. Is the pitch batter friendly or did the England batsmen actually play patiently?

sohummisra said:
This is a good performance by England. They put up a huge score and got an early wicket. Is the pitch batter friendly or did the England batsmen actually play patiently?
Bit of both, although no matter how good the wicket is, you gotta bat well against the likes the McGrath, Lee, Clark and Warne to post scores exceeding 500.

Ha!, Justin Langer is such a baby! Looks like the Aussies can't take the heat when the shoes on the other foot. What a twit

Fantastic stuff from England. KP and Colly, brilliant.
GoJo made 1. I bet Read could make that, don't you? :rolleyes:

What'd Langer do? I just got home. Looks like a great innings from Collingwood, not many make double-centuries against Australia in Australia.

Our man in the crowd reports that Langer was unamused by some comments made to him as he walked back after his dismissal and glares were exchanged
Does that help? I'm clueless as well, the satellite or atennea or whatever went out, and I am reading Cricinfo...
28/1 after 9. Maybe another over to go. Harmy warming up, perhaps for no apparent reason...

Nope, it's stumps. Harmy warming up all in vain.

wfdu_ben91 said:
What'd Langer do? I just got home. Looks like a great innings from Collingwood, not many make double-centuries against Australia in Australia.

Short ball from Flintoff fended away to second slip.

V.good day for England Colly and KP simply awesome. And the wicket late in the day just adds to it. Freddie in some form with the bat which could be crucial. But I agree with Anal Rub wtf was G.Jones doing with that shot.

Yep thats what happened to Langer, some member of the crowd made some comments to him when he was walking back to the dressing room, not sure whether he was an English or Aussie supporter.

Flintoff once again does the damage and gets the breakthrough. Hoggard also bowled some decent deliveries with one ball nearly trapping Ponting LBW but he just got a bat on it. Still real test tommorrow morning, if England can pick up a wicket or 2 I'd back them to win but if Aus survive the first session, I see it being a draw. So the first session tommorrow is the most important to me to dictate the outcome of the match.

Oddball said:
Ha!, Justin Langer is such a baby! Looks like the Aussies can't take the heat when the shoes on the other foot. What a twit

Mate, did you watch the first test? You calling langer a twit, man cant imagine what Flintoff must be. Its probably a good thing Harmy didn't bowl at the end or we would have been 1-50 at stumps with 15 extras

ZoraxDoom said:
Fantastic stuff from England. KP and Colly, brilliant.
GoJo made 1. I bet Read could make that, don't you? :rolleyes:

Jones came in and had to be aggressive from the start to add some impotus to our innings. I'm sure Read would have done the same bu his poor technique has been found out. One bad innings and all of a sudden Jones is public enemy number 1 again. Give him a break.

Im and aussie but totally agree. I Reckon hes a pretty good player, top scored Flintoff both innings in the first test, Read probably wouldn't have been able to do that

evertonfan said:
Jones came in and had to be aggressive from the start to add some impotus to our innings. I'm sure Read would have done the same bu his poor technique has been found out. One bad innings and all of a sudden Jones is public enemy number 1 again. Give him a break.

We have two major problems with both of them :

Keeping is about the same
Batting:
Jones - Right technique, poor temperament
Read - Right temperament, poor technique

I don't think there is anything wrong with his temperament, it's rather his shot selection at times. I'll say again, anyone would bat the same way as he did today.

Users who are viewing this thread