England in Australia

yea got a sucker ball, became the sucker to Warnie and got out, so many ' better ' batsmen have gotten out to Warne or any spinner like that before

evertonfan said:
I don't think there is anything wrong with his temperament, it's rather his shot selection at times. I'll say again, anyone would bat the same way as he did today.

He played a poor shot today which has something to do with his temperament and shot selection.. Jones has the shots and good technique but fails to go on. Read has a more limited shot selection meaning he can't go on and get 100's at the highest level. Which brings back matty prior :p.

Drewska said:
He played a poor shot today which has something to do with his temperament and shot selection.. Jones has the shots and good technique but fails to go on. Read has a more limited shot selection meaning he can't go on and get 100's at the highest level. Which brings back matty prior :p.

As i said got out to a sucker ball which to Warne which so many other batsmen have done to Warne. It was a bad shot but give him a break

Lets pick on Strauss or somthing!!! :p

I'm not picking on him just saying that both Read and Jones have their problems with batting unlike matt prior.

Make Read play. That way, Monty can play and England will actually have a 5th bowler instead of using a guy who rolls the arm over and has a bowling average of a part-timer. You don't pick you're bowlers by how high their batting average is!

Yes it was a bad shot but it was equally a bad ball from Warnie :D

The way Flintoff and Hoggard bowled at the end suggested how poorly Australia bowled. Flintoff especially bowled excellent line and length and picked up a wicket with a very good ball. I am sick of people (from other forums) saying that it is an absolute road and totally favours the batsmans. If you bowl good line and length you will be rewarded, if you bowl poor line and length expect to be punished and that what happened to McGrath, Lee and to a certain extent Warne.

Loved it today when the barmyarmy cheered McGrath for reaching the century mark and nice on McGrath sharing some fun as well be giving them the thumbs up :p

wfdu_ben91 said:
You don't pick you're bowlers by how high their batting average is!

Fletcher's the only one who seems to think that pal. He'll probably bring in Vaughan as the spinner when he's fit. :rolleyes:

It's funny, he's become so incompetent as a coach that he doesn't realise hat he is the only person in world cricket who thinks Giles is better than Panesar. Even Giles will probably admit that as well!

wfdu_ben91 said:
You don't pick you're bowlers by how high their batting average is!

LOL, see the ECB are to busy trying to sort out there batting they forgot bowling and batting averages are different.

( probably shouldn'y say sorting out there batting after todays effort, gotta hand it to them. maybe they sorted out the batting well. )

evertonfan said:
It's funny, he's become so incompetent as a coach that he doesn't realise hat he is the only person in world cricket who thinks Giles is better than Panesar. Even Giles will probably admit that as well!

Yea and he seemed he was the only one who didn't know what was wrong with Harmy, hopefully hes realised.

Feelin Blue? said:
LOL, see the ECB are to busy trying to sort out there batting they forgot bowling and batting averages are different.

( probably shouldn'y say sorting out there batting after todays effort, gotta hand it to them. maybe they sorted out the batting well. )

Yea and he seemed he was the only one who didn't know what was wrong with Harmy, hopefully hes realised.
panesar should have played as he is on great form at the minute and harmison shouldn't play they should bring in jon lewis. i don't understand why fletcher doesn't play him very often, it was like during the chapions trophy lewis should have played every match

plympilgrim said:
panesar should have played as he is on great form at the minute and harmison shouldn't play they should bring in jon lewis. i don't understand why fletcher doesn't play him very often, it was like during the chapions trophy lewis should have played every match

John Lewis in a Test match? I can only hope your kidding. He was out of his depth at home to Sri Lanka on a bowlers track so I don't know how average he'd look against the world champions in their backyard. He's a handy one-day player because you can bowl him his entire quota of 10 overs at the start whilst the ball is new. The problem for him in Tests is that he can do very little with the old ball; You can get away with it in County cricket against lesser batsmen, but not in Tests against Ponting, Hayden and co.

He's not in the squad; That's what's about Stuart Broad.

It would be incredibly naiive to throw him in at the deep end when his international experience is limited to 4 ODI's and a 20/20; All of which he conceded a lot of runs in.

evertonfan said:
Fletcher's the only one who seems to think that pal. He'll probably bring in Vaughan as the spinner when he's fit. :rolleyes:

I completely agree with Fletcher. I you play Panesar for Giles you could make a arguement that we are playing with four no 11s.

Anyway fantastic day today. Paul Collingwood and KP did superb. Vital wicket at the end as well.

evertonfan said:

It would be incredibly naiive to throw him in at the deep end when his international experience is limited to 4 ODI's and a 20/20; All of which he conceded a lot of runs in.
well what other english fast bowlers could we use, saj mahmood i don't know why he is in the squad, harmy, anderson and hoggy are not on top form at the minuite. flintoff so far is the only one bowling like we know he can

evertonfan said:

Yea what about that dude they put in the squad for Thresothick. he has only played 3 ODI'S at an average or 13 pretty naiive

Users who are viewing this thread