England in Australia

Draw is the most likely outcome I feel, England more likely to win from this position, a big Gilchrist-Clarke stand could change that.

evertonfan said:
Australia have a better chance of winning here; England are notorious for not chasing totals.

What are you on? We are 250 ahead and they are 5 down, it would take a total miracle for Australia to get near winning.

England don't have a spinner, that's why Australia can win. There's no way we can bowl them out twice and have a reasonable total to chase down.

How can England go into a match against australia (weak against spin-to an extent) without a spinner?!?!?! Thats just stupid. I don't think they have any part timers either, if u coun't gilo :(

evertonfan said:
Australia have a better chance of winning here; England are notorious for not chasing totals.

Well it is a good job we are not going to chase one then. :rolleyes:

austrailia will still try but if they need to they will play for the draw

Matt you are extremely pessimistic. Whilst there is strong likelihood of a draw, saying Australia are in a better position for a win than England is just madness.

I am extremely pessimistic; We are playing the most useless spinner in existence so is no chance of us bolwing Aus out again, and if we follow on the they can score runs again and build a healthy lead whereas we will probably collapse when chasing.

Goddamn what does a guy need to do to get a little slice of humble pie around here?

It's obvious who he is talking to, the one who is being pessimistic. :rolleyes:

Need to get the last 5 out quickly if we are to stand any chance of a win.

How could they possibly win. They are 240 behind so to get far enough ahead they will need to bat to about lunch on the fifth, not enough time to bowl us out.

England on the other hand if we can wrap their innings around lunch, we could really push on.

You obviously weren't watching the Gabba Test Wolf; Australia scored rapofly and bowled us out rapidly. It's a different pitch and a weaker bowling attack i'll give you that, but don't rule it out.

yep but if the aussies get within 50 they can afford to go hell for leather, especially if gilly is still in, and he plays like we all know he can

Users who are viewing this thread