England in Australia

s2sschan thanks for picking my post apart and commenting on it :p Your replies are totally true, if Strauss, Cook, Bell, Collingwood, Pietersen and Flintoff cant put 400+ on the board on a decent pitch then Giles wont make much differnce!

And Panesar has been working hard on his bowling, whenever he gets the chance he's out there in the nets. Panesar has the best work ethic i think above anyone in most of International cricket, he's a pool, strives to get advice and take it in, he wants to practise to get better for England, not just his-self. He is a 3 Lion through and through, he may look Asian but he is more English than the queen! Just look at his celebrations while wearig the shirt.

!x!culli!x! said:
Go on then :p

If you wish. Heres a few:
Michael Clarke
Darren Lehmann
Ricky Ponting (;))

And some of our up and coming:
Nathan Hauritz
Dan Cullen

Any in there you would take Giles over?

aussie1st said:
If you wish. Heres a few:
Michael Clarke
Darren Lehmann
Ricky Ponting (;))

And some of our up and coming:
Nathan Hauritz
Dan Cullen

Any in there you would take Giles over?

All of them and more. :p

Cricketman93 said:
I know, i just thought it was funny :p...whatever -.-
:p i was unsure weather you knew it was a competition

The fact is Pietersen is bowling better than Giles. :D At least he turns the flaming thing.

I'm going to stick up for Giles a little bit here.

Firstly, he bowled well to Hussey yesterday and I was watching thinking, geez he could get Hussey here - the first time I've thought Giles was threatening for a while now. But really, I don't give him much chance of getting Ponting or Clarke out ever. Maybe Gilchrist...

Second, Giles seems to fly under the Aussies radar a bit. He can go for around 3 an over (admittedly without creating chances) and restrict their scoring without them even noticing really. But I think the Aussies would go after Monty if he were playing. Often they will go after the weakest bowler, or just a new bowler who they don't want to get settled. Couple that with the fact that English fans fap over Monty and he doesn't have much experience - that is plenty of motivation to go after him and dent his confidence. That could be a big reason why Fletcher isn't playing him which would go along with his defensive thinking.

Clarke will be a joy to watch today when Giles bowls to him as he is a dam good player of spin with his foot movement. Hopefully Gilly gets going so we get some entertainment and finally seeing our 6 and 7 getting some runs as it's been a while since Gilly was on fire in the test arena.

aussie1st said:
Clarke will be a joy to watch today when Giles bowls to him as he is a dam good player of spin with his foot movement. Hopefully Gilly gets going so we get some entertainment and finally seeing our 6 and 7 getting some runs as it's been a while since Gilly was on fire in the test arena.

I don't think Giles will bowl until at least after 20 overs, the ball is still pretty new (i think) so most likely Hogggard and Flintoff will bowl and they are our best bowlers so its likely one of the two will get out.

Thats true I'm assuming both will survive the new ball :) It will be tough though as Hoggard is on fire and with that late swing hes getting any batsmen would struggle, we just have to hope any edges fall short

I think Hoggard will get alot of wickets over the next 3 tests, as he has adapted well, even Harmison and Flintoff havnt really found any hits of swing. I know Harmy isnt a big swinger, niether is Flintoff in gods honest truth, but they find a bit whichs aids them, but they havnt found it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread