England in Australia

I'm so saddened to see Marto go. It was really his return and Gilly's entrance that sparked our glorious period from 2001-2003....back in the day when Gilly averaged mid 50s, heck we had Hayden, Ponting, Martyn, Steve Waugh and Glichrist averaging 50s back then. I can't help but laugh though because Hodge still won't get the spot back. Shame to see Marto go -such an awesome story and such a graceful batsman.

Bring on big Roy. I've been wanting to unleash him on these buggers for ever. Probability says he will fail again..but it was on his 3rd and last chance in the one dayers where he came into his own. We won't expect anything from him going into the match so if he fails who cares - he doesn't have to play all that well to match Marto's contribution so far anyway. But if he gets going my WACA membership will have paid for itself, and Monty Panesar may make Duncan Fletcher look like a genius.

Voges is in awesome touch but surely won't play. Great to see Ronchi at his best - that guy has serious potential but I think he just gets carried away. Mark him down as a future Australian keeper.

Whens Dave Hussey gonna get a crack? Averages 49 in FC and has 21 centuries to his name and has played 6 times the ammount of FC then what Voges has played.

wfdu_ben91 said:
Whens Dave Hussey gonna get a crack? Averages 49 in FC and has 21 centuries to his name and has played 6 times the ammount of FC then what Voges has played.
He got dropped from the Victorian team last year, averaged 30 without a ton. His average is padded by belting around ordinary attacks in county cricket

I have little doubt that Hodge would have been first pick if he hadn't pulled up with that quad strain as he is obviously a middle order batsmen batting at 4 for the Bushrangers and making that double ton for Australia batting at the same position.
Hodge wasn't dropped on form, he was dropped because he's not generally liked and also terrible outside off stump to anyone that moves the ball around a bit. I wouldn't be too sure of his place in the queue

Although Voges is coming off a hundred and is averaging 45 in first-class cricket i can't really see the logic in picking him ahead of a Chris Rogers, Marcus North or Cameron White who are averaging in the same ball park and have been putting on batting clinics at first-class level for years.
You're kidding right

andrew_nixon said:
Alec Stewart scored 69 at a run a ball in last night's game. Get him in the team!

:cheers :D

Time to start the Stewart for England campaign :p

I dont know how many times I've seen it around that hodge should of been selected over Voges and Symonds so ill settle it for all of you...

HODGE IS INJURED, HE CANT PLAY IN THE PERTH TEST

Hopefully Voges is slotted in, I've never seen him before and dont really want to see
Symonds so I guess it would be nice.

barmyarmy said:
It's a real shame Martyn has retired. He was about the one wicket we were having no probs getting...

I was thinking that as well. :laugh

Sad to see him go; An elegent player to watch and I always felt he was undervalued by Australia.

puddleduck said:
:cheers :D

Time to start the Stewart for England campaign :p
How about Holliake? 38* off 22 :cheers
Voges seems good, but maybe too young. For Australia that is.
Symonds will get a game, how nice. Not content buy having the English humiliate themselves, they are gonna have Roy beat up a dented bowling attack even more...

Maybe bring back Holliake for the one day side, afterall we can't get much worse :p

1.4 overs for 18, atleast he is tighter than Mahmood and Harmy :p

evertonfan said:
Let's call Fairbrother and Knight up while were at it. ;)
Oooh, oooh, how about Hick and Ramprakash? And Goughy and Cork too?? ;)

Nah Ramps and Hick were never successful at international level, although Gough and Cork you could be onto something here, the world cup won't know what's hit 'em! :p

Users who are viewing this thread