England in Australia

I must admit that even in this tender early stage of his career, Mahmood has one of the best slower balls i've seen. Releases it perfectly and a lot of batsmen fail to pick it. I think it may have been Mushy who he slower ball'd in the C&G final earlier in the year; Beautiful ball.

aussie1st said:
Ronchi can do even better than that knock I would think but dam thats still bloody quick very Gilly like and I would expect him to be a straight swap for ODI and probably Test matches.
Ryan Campbell I thought had retired guess he wanted a crack at the English.
Looks like WA could do with Jo Angel coming out of retirement, too.

aussie1st said:
Ronchi can do even better than that knock I would think but dam thats still bloody quick very Gilly like and I would expect him to be a straight swap for ODI and probably Test matches.
Ryan Campbell I thought had retired guess he wanted a crack at the English.

Ronchi is still far too inconsistent to be considered as a replacement for Gilly imo. Haddin will take over at this stage, just depends when Gilly wants to go and whether the selectors opt for Haddin or youth (ie Hartley or Ronchi).

Hes improving at least hes now starting to get high 50s rather than high 30s. Test matches he'll need a few more years, if Gilly retires this Ashes then it'll definitely be Haddin.

Anderson, JM: 16.0 ov, 5 M, 19/2
Harmison, SJ: 11.0 ov, 1 M, 51/0
Mahmood, SI: 10.0 ov, 1 M, 42/1

:rolleyes:

Mahmood has got another that of North. Harmisson really is making it hard for the selectors to select him and Anderson has stepped up to put major pressure on them to keep him.
Voges is at the crease so this should be good.

Giles, AF 6.0 0 27 0
Panesar, MS 19.0 5 48 1

Will that convince Flintoff and the coach to select Panesar?? Panesar conceding less than 3 runs an over and also picked up the vital wicket of Ronchi via an edge. Giles on the other hand is conceding 4.5 runs an over.

Oh dam Ronchi's inconsistency are there again. WA are collapsing badly after that good start.

It is surprising that Vaughan didn't play as he was fit enough to play a game a few days ago.

Vaughan is playing. On the CA scorecard it has him playing at no.4. Monty should of had another wicket, missed stumping by Read.

Also watching the highlights on nine it says that Monty had a few LBW shouts. So encouraging signs for Monty's inclusion in the team. Also Giles dropped a catch and 2nd slip :p

MWaugh said:
wasnt michael vaughan meant to play at lilac hill?
I think he is. His name is on the scorecard.
Vaughan, MP

Panesar, MS 23.0 6 58 1 0 0
Giles, AF 6.1 0 27 0 0 0

Hmmm...tough choice ay Feddie? :rolleyes:
Is Strauss skippering this game? Cause if it were Freddie, it would be the other way around :)

Panesar got a runout :D

Users who are viewing this thread