England in Australia

It's not that funny ZexyZahid, the England team contained a couple of people that don't even play cricket anymore!

Yeah, finally goes at under 6 an over, but doesn't take a wicket... Sort of as useless as possible really.

puddleduck said:
It's not that funny ZexyZahid, the England team contained a couple of people that don't even play cricket anymore!
Stewart - 69 off 69
Hollioake - 38* off 22, 1.4-0-18-0
Robin Smith - 20 off 16

Plunkett - 7.3-1-46-0
Lewis - 7-0-51-0
Dalrymple - 17 off 24, 4-0-27-1
Read - duck and a stumping

I don't think it was their fault :p

Yeah slightly worrying! Although Joyce was unlucky, got run out backing up, and Lewis, Plunkett, Dalrymple and Read haven't actually played any cricket for almost a month.

i dont get this

sajid has been impressive in the test arena

its just the odi's he gets batteredin

he cant do much worse than harmison can he in tests?

its a bit like lewis, he is outstanding in the odi matches just can't play tests, i say they should bring back adam hollioake and alec stewart

Ronchi can do even better than that knock I would think but dam thats still bloody quick very Gilly like and I would expect him to be a straight swap for ODI and probably Test matches.
Ryan Campbell I thought had retired guess he wanted a crack at the English.

Great innings by Ronchi, but he has a long way to go before he beats Brad Haddin for a spot if you ask me. I'd like to see Gilly retire from Test cricket after this series and give Haddin a crack.

Saj is an OK batter too isn't he? Why not swap him and Monty for Jimmy Anderson and Giles, then Saj could bat at 8 at least making the tail look a little less brittle than if Hoggard batted there. In saying that, my gut says that Anderson could be a good play on the WACA strip and if Flintoff is lobbying for him (as he did in Adelaide) he'll be a definite play.

sifter132 said:
Great innings by Ronchi, but he has a long way to go before he beats Brad Haddin for a spot if you ask me. I'd like to see Gilly retire from Test cricket after this series and give Haddin a crack.

Saj is an OK batter too isn't he? Why not swap him and Monty for Jimmy Anderson and Giles, then Saj could bat at 8 at least making the tail look a little less brittle than if Hoggard batted there. In saying that, my gut says that Anderson could be a good play on the WACA strip and if Flintoff is lobbying for him (as he did in Adelaide) he'll be a definite play.

Anderson shouldn't play full stop, he bowls too many four balls which releases any pressure built up. From what I understand, the WACA is as flat as they come now.

Well I can see Monty coming in for him, although most know I'd go for Saj and Monty in for Jimmy and Giles but Giles isn't budging in this series.

I think Saj could be a bigger ace card than we think, yes he can get tonked but when he gets a spell going he's as dangerous as anyone else, plus he varies his deliveries, how many yorkers or slower balls have we seen?

Users who are viewing this thread