England in Australia

No doubt my Ashes XI will contain plenty of Aussies,
not many English players showed up to the series mentally.

1. Hayden
2. Langer
3. Ponting (C)
4. Hussey
5. Pietersen
6. Clarke
7. Gilchrist
8. Warne
9. Clark
10. McGrath
11. Hoggard
12th Man. Flintoff (carrying drinks shouldn't be difficult, I hope?!?!)

I would have added Flintoff to the main line-up, but he only ever
had one decent innings with the ball, and the bat aswell. So there's no
way I can justify his addition in the Ashes XI, except as a drinks carrier.

The Doctor...

Last edited:
I didn't see the point in having two separate threads regarding the Ashes, so I have merged the Ashes XI 06/07 thread with the England in Australia thread instead of closing it.

Cheers :cheers

Last edited:
langerrox said:
gojo and read? why:) man this is going to be a whitewash.
If you ever bet on vBookie events, let me know what you pick
'cause you were right on with that call about a whitewash.

Dr.Cricket said:
If you ever bet on vBookie events, let me know what you pick
'cause you were right on with that call about a whitewash.
haha! thanks for reliving some vintage langerrox :D what page was that post on? well it got worse than that old guy coming in, P nixon i think?

Dr.Cricket said:
Suprise, suprise... Damien Martyn was at the SCG.
GALL_SCG4_SS11_wideweb__470x338,0.jpg

Story here; 'Martyn reappears to celebrate victory'
ah cheers for that link, my fav player good to see him back! :clap

Thats really good to see that Martyn came back in time for the celebrations. He was an integral member of the side and deserved to be part of the celebrations.

Sureshot said:
When we have a bad day will still are hard to beat in Tests anyway.
Sorry Sureshot, I found this amusing... :D
Would you like to take this opportunity to rephrase that?

Not taking a dig at you, just the comment. ;)

Last edited:
Dr.Cricket said:
Sorry Sureshot, I found this amusing... :D
Would you like to take this opportunity to rephrase that?

Not taking a dig at you, just the comment. ;)
I'd probably have to agree. When England have a bad day they really have a bad day and the wheels fall right off.

when England have a bad day they still do manage to do some good stuff at times but seem inconsistent when they have a bad day, but they do seem to try ofcourse, but then at times they look like there looking at the clock waiting to go home

Feelin Blue? said:
when England have a bad day they still do manage to do some good stuff at times but seem inconsistent when they have a bad day, but they do seem to try ofcourse, but then at times they look like there looking at the clock waiting to go home
Not to put down England, but I have to agree with this. When Gilly was ripping the English attack apart, you could tell none of the players wanted to be there. Only Monty looked like he wanted to play, and in fact looked like he couldn't wait to bowl again despite the onslaught. I feel this is the main reason why people (not just England fans) like him so much, he just seems to love his cricket to no end.

Well Monty is like Langer a bit, he doesn't love to get hit but when he does he only pruduced a smile, Akhacter and Langer when Shoiab hit Justin in the ehad and Langer smiled at him, thats bascially the same with Monty and Gilchrist, thats why Monty is currently the only Englishman cricketer ewith my respect

do you really think that vaughan will make a difference the man hasn't played any decent cricket since march 06, he cannot possibly be match fit and takes a space that they could play another guy.

and its shows a lack of loyalty to freddy who doesn't deserve to take all flak for the loss, it takes 11 guys to make a team and 11 guys to lose it.

cricketgirl said:
do you really think that vaughan will make a difference the man hasn't played any decent cricket since march 06, he cannot possibly be match fit and takes a space that they could play another guy.

and its shows a lack of loyalty to freddy who doesn't deserve to take all flak for the loss, it takes 11 guys to make a team and 11 guys to lose it.

As an OD player he is worse than useless - averaging around 20 and never having scored a century - but as a captain he's priceless. Besides we're going to lose this series heavily and I don't want Strauss to get tainted or Flintoff destroyed.
Anyway we should probably be moving this discussion towards the Commonwealth Bank Series thread.

Users who are viewing this thread