England in Australia

Aww....Hopes again. Haven't the Australian selectors learn't there lesson?

I wanted Lee to play, he would've played well imo and how much did Johnson want to play for Australia? Hope they're ok for the CB series.

what a joke, hopes is crap and so is harwood. so we are left with an amazing bracken and a young gun hilf, 2 pace bowlers :P maybo symo will chip in same with huss... we hope hopes/harwood doesnt play

Who knows what the selectors are thinking, Hopes isn't made for a 20/20 game. Harwood has only played 3 FRC games this season do don't really know how they picked him.

Harwood is a great choice. Even though he has only played 4 20/20 games, his stats are incredible. Averages 8 and has an economy rate of 5.4. Thats magnificant for this form of game. He seems to know how to play 20/20.

And even though he has only played 3 FRC matches, his stats in each of his games have been
5/40 (10)
2/41 (10)
1/29 (10) (NSW also scored 294 that match)

Harwood is pretty good. He gets allot of pace on the ball and is hard to get away if you give yourself room or charge him.
I remember Shane Warne giving praises that he shouldn't be far away from selection not so long ago.

I imagine Australia's lineup tonight will be;

+Gilchrist
Hayden
*Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Symonds
White
Hogg
Bracken
Harwood
Hilf
12th: Hopes

That isn't including the re-jigging of the batting order that we'll see, wouldn't be surprised to see Punter down the order to give White or Clarke more of a go.

cricketmad09 said:
Harwood is a great choice. Even though he has only played 4 20/20 games, his stats are incredible. Averages 8 and has an economy rate of 5.4. Thats magnificant for this form of game. He seems to know how to play 20/20.

And even though he has only played 3 FRC matches, his stats in each of his games have been
5/40 (10)
2/41 (10)
1/29 (10) (NSW also scored 294 that match)

True that is a dam good 20/20 record, he is very economical just doesn't take too many wickets.

England line up: Michael Vaughan (Captain)
Ed Joyce
Andrew Flintoff
Ian Bell
Kevin Pietersen
Paul Collingwood
Paul Nixon
Jamie Dalrymple
Jon Lewis
James Anderson
Monty Panesar

Oh what was that from Gilly :( What a start by Hayden, first ball 4.
Interesting, we have on board commentary with the players, Church was just on :)

Ridiculous that Haydos got dropped in the first place. Makes me wonder if we would've won against SA.

It was the bowling that was the problem against SA :)
I think he needed to be dropped as he looked confused with his game, now hes looking much better.

Users who are viewing this thread