England in Australia

Jaztheman said:
I think read of nottinghamshire is better because he is young energetic and good run scorer

Prior is all of the above but younger, and a better run scorer. I too would like Prior in there, but Jones is a better option than Read.

Foster > Prior > Davies > Jones > Read

Next Really Good English Keeper will be Steven Davies at Worcestershire. Looks a very promising keeper and 1,000+ runs in his first two season.

rickyp said:
@ Andrew, out of all those names, not one of them plays in the current test side, so its hardly a relevent point when comparing the two teams. Maybe historically but we are talking about todays team.

@ wolf, I believe that is correct but I'd check with andrew, he is far more notified with these sort of stats

@ everyone, pressumably with no watson, the door has been held open for clarke to stay, which will mean that Macgill probably wont play as it would only leave the 2 seamers which I dont think Australia would be comfortable with. I also cant see them playing 5 bowlers, it doesnt seem our style.

Therefore my view on the 2nd test team is this:
Hayden
Langer
Ponting
Martyn
Hussey
Clarke
Gilchrist
Warne
Lee
Clark or maybe macgill if he is lucky and the selectors really think the wicket will turn.
McGrath

Usually Adelaide is more for the pacemen and with reverse swing very likely having the 3 pacemen is the better way to go and then let Clarke bowl some overs of spin.

Yep thats the only logical way to go with no Watson. Having 2 spinners and 2 pacemen will put loads of pressure on the spinners and in the first 3 days they won't be getting too much assistance. At least with 3 pacemen we can use any reverse swing we may get out as another weapon to get the English out.

thats is quite affective because you can't use 2 paceman for all the first three days because they will get tired and spinners are better with cracks,older ballsish and after the pitch has taken a few days work:)

Also Clarke is more than capable with the ball with his under 10 average with the ball :)
With the 4th and 5th day pitch he may come in handy, for the first 3 days we could always just bowl Hussey for a few overs too.

yeh or umm hussey? Why don't you bring all rounder in that balls pace but amazing batter(or good) so then you have more pace bowlers but it may leave too many bowlers bowling too little overs

Hussey usually can keep it tight as hes quite accurate with his bowling that would just be a stop gap measure to rest the bowlers if needed.
We don't have another all rounder though, Symonds bit ify with his batting and his bowling is about the same as a Hussey/Clarke. In a few years maybe Henriques but not now.

We've been lacking a good all rounder for some time now but we didn't really need one as you can see by the 1st test result with only 4 bowlers. It's worked for a long time now but without Warne and McGrath we will probably need that 5th bowler.

Users who are viewing this thread