England in Australia

aussie1st said:
Usually Adelaide is more for the pacemen and with reverse swing very likely having the 3 pacemen is the better way to go and then let Clarke bowl some overs of spin.

Pacemen with reverse swing? Another reason why we should bring in Saj for Harmy.

Well from reports from the tour game you guys had in Adelaide you guys were getting reverse swing and since your guys gameplan seems to involve that I would definitely pick another reverse swing bowler along with Flintoff.

cricketmad09 said:
So you admit that Gilchrist is a better option than Haddin? Then why keep him out of the most important series for Australian cricket in history?

I don't think I really admitted that did I? Possibly implied, but let me clarify anyway. At present Haddin is in better form and I would have no problems naming him as the Aussie keeper. In fact most of my brain would like that since it would start getting rid of our older stars without any dropoff in performance...

BUT the other small part of my brain says that I love Gilly and if reputation counts then Gilchrist must be given a long time to work out his problems. While he has been average for a couple of years now, he probably has a free pass until he decides to retire...

And without being too cruel - I think guys like Gilchrist and Langer would be doing Australia a favour by retiring after this series then we can move forward to 2009 with Jaques and Haddin having a couple of years exp under their belt.

while i'm here (i can't find it anywhere else) can someone tell me if there is a prize for v bookie

aussie1st said:
Well MacGill has been left out so there won't be any change to our starting 11 unless injury occurs. They did bring in the pacemen so I would say the pitch is going to favour the pacemen more than the spinners as expected.

http://cricket.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=38068

Well good move by Australia.
Keep the same 11 that won them the first test.

For me in the next test it should be:
Mahmood for Anderson
Panesar for Giles.

In my opinion in Perth and Sydney instead of Giles why not play Dalrymple.

He turns the ball.
Can bat, best put him at 7.
He is a good cover fielder.
Turns the ball the other way to Monty.
Australia have only played him once in the ICCCT when they were not under any pressure.

RoboRocks said:

Mahmood for Anderson
Panesar for Giles.

He turns the ball.
Australia have only played him once in the ICCCT when they were not under any pressure.

possibly because he is a nothing bowler and wouldn't cause any problems for australia.

crowsboy said:
while i'm here (i can't find it anywhere else) can someone tell me if there is a prize for v bookie

Wrong thread should have asked in one of the vbookie threads. Been answered quite a bit as well, the only prize is vcash.

RoboRocks said:

Mahmood for Anderson
Panesar for Giles.

He turns the ball.

Well hes not in the team so Dalrymple has no shot. I've been hearing they will play the two spinners plus Fletcher loves the extra batting his bowlers give ;)

Sureshot said:
Pacemen with reverse swing? Another reason why we should bring in Saj for Harmy.

No, No, No, Harmy is going through i lean spell at the moment you cant just drop him like that. Saj isnt conistant enough (ok Harmy hasnt been good) but Saj is not the answer.

Hopefully a bit of swing for Hoggy though this time.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/6190632.stm

The 2nd case of it so far, although I don't know whether I'd say CA have a zero tolerance on racism when Sutherland said what Monty recieved wasn't racist. It's a shame when you hear players say "We'll just have to put up with it".

englishandproud - You can't pick Harmy until his action has been corrected, otherwise the longer you leave it the harder it is to re-correct it.

If nothing else, Giles is a seasoned player.
Seasoned but pants.

JD is ok and better than you're giving him credit. He's a quite accurate offie and he spins it bigger than Giles. Also he brings a genuine batsman to the team and a fantastic fielder also.

Users who are viewing this thread