England In India - October 2011/12

lewissaffin

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Surely Harbhajan has to lead his team's spin attack? Maybe I'm just used to the particularly high standards of Swann (who bowled a load of toss yesterday) but Singh has been pretty much anonymous recently..

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
When you look at this Indian attack, it's not as pathetic as it's made out to be.
In the second innings of Lord's test, he got hit for a few boundaries and he set defensive fields. That was ridiculous.
Also, When bowlers are throwing rubbish, he can go up to them and cheer them up. I never saw him doing that, he must have a plan for such kind of situation like this. The captain should be inspiring and he's not. I think he has got a cricketing mind but when does he use that. I would blame Dhoni the most than any other player in the team, and his batting is useless. He's contributing absolutely nothing.
I agree with that bit. He doesn't seem to have that ability to lift the side when they are down. He can lead from the front, he can make smart field settings and bowling changes, but when the side is deflated he can't bring them back.

He's been useless this series, but generally he has scored runs when they matter in Tests and has been good behind the stumps. I wouldn't sack him. But it has been disappointing. It's why we need more players like Sree, Yuvraj, Bhajji, the kinds who are more more attacking and aggressive and can lift the side. But Bhajji's been almost non-present this who series.

And Yuvi gets Bell. Lol. Too little too late, sigh. And Yuvi has already outbowled Bhajji too.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
This game has become so one-sided...

It has not been one sided. Mind you if pitch behaves this way as it is doing now then 255 is not a big a total seeing 2 full days left :p

mohit_dude10

Club Captain
How is trent bridge like on 4th day? Looks real flat today. Like bumble said if we manage to bundle them around 300-320 we might still be in with a chance.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
With the new ball due in a few overs, hope India can do something really well with the new ball. I would say we still have a chance if we can restrict their lead to below 300. The wicket is still flat and if the new ball is negotiated, there is lot of runs to be had here.

teamindia

Club Cricketer
Surely Harbhajan has to lead his team's spin attack? Maybe I'm just used to the particularly high standards of Swann (who bowled a load of toss yesterday) but Singh has been pretty much anonymous recently..

He is off the field now..some injury I guess. Not that he would have done any better.

Users who are viewing this thread