England In India - October 2011/12

Addy

National Board President
Mind you, this English team is capable of beating you 7 outta 10 times on any soil other than UK itself.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Shocker at the rapid increase in amount of discussion from India fans now the score has been zeroed :rolleyes

Quite expected. Nothing wrong on it. At least they are keeping quiet.

----------

Mind you, this English team is capable of beating you 7 outta 10 times on any soil other than UK itself.

On the subcontinent, I expect our currently picked side (without the injured players) to beat this English side 9 times out of 10. Even in English conditions, I expect our currently picked side to beat England 5 times out of 10 (which is big enough). The 3-0 scoreline in the recent ODI series doesnt suggest how India played. Every time India had the upper hand, rain came to snatch the momentum from India.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
On the subcontinent, I expect our currently picked side (without the injured players) to beat this English side 9 times out of 10. Even in English conditions, I expect our currently picked side to beat England 5 times out of 10 (which is big enough). The 3-0 scoreline in the recent ODI series doesnt suggest how India played. Every time India had the upper hand, rain came to snatch the momentum from India.
...wow

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My feeling is that we will fin this series 4-1. I hope Rahul Sharma gets to play at least one match. A combo of two different kind of tall spin bowlers will be interesting to watch.

Auwais

International Coach
Gotta admire the cockiness of the Indians. Even after having their asses handed to them on a plate in England, they're still hanging on, like a punch-drunk fighter stubbornly continuing to get back into the ring, ready for the next hammering.

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Stop trying to be funny.

Stop being funny.

India do have a chance on their home soil, but if they are still affected with fatigue, then :wave.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Gotta admire the cockiness of the Indians. Even after having their asses handed to them on a plate in England, they're still hanging on, like a punch-drunk fighter stubbornly continuing to get back into the ring, ready for the next hammering.

This time, you're entering our ring. So its only expected that we start talking about how we can beat you at our backyard. Last time I read, it was a whitewash before you guys left the country due to the terror attacks. Most of our players are right now playing the CLT20 in India thereby getting back to their conditions and warming up (we dont need to warm up back into Indian conditions, but yet we are doing it).

----------

My feeling is that we will fin this series 4-1. I hope Rahul Sharma gets to play at least one match. A combo of two different kind of tall spin bowlers will be interesting to watch.

I have a feeling there could be a washout or two. But still, going heavily with India. But more than this, I am waiting for our next test series vs England in INDIA!

Auwais

International Coach
Disregarding my earlier wind-up, I think India will probably win as well. England didn't really look too convincing in the ODIs at home, the 3-0 flattered them slightly.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Thing with India in India or for that matter India in any place is if the batsmen don't score big we don't have the bowlers to restrict the opposition. So, in India, I'd back our batting to score big but, even that too isn't big enough if our bowling is in full flow.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
A score of 350 too is quite difficult for us to defend with our schoolboy attack and poor tactics from MSD. Also, bear in mind that we are playing India B v England ,so I won't be surprised if we lose 5-0 here as well.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
A score of 350 too is quite difficult for us to defend with our schoolboy attack and poor tactics from MSD. Also, bear in mind that we are playing India B v England ,so I won't be surprised if we lose 5-0 here as well.

I don't care even if we lose but the most exciting thing is we get so this youngsters playing and getting some international experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sobi

Banned
haha enough of climbing ranks off of home games. Time to drop down 4 places or so. This isn't your home so expect whitewash like last time you toured and this time there is no home advantage to help you!!! :D:D

Users who are viewing this thread