England In India - October 2011/12

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
You have no idea as to how thankful I'm to Harbhajan! Imagine had this knock come during the first innings?

Swann's been a real worry for England though. Hope he comes back to his best sooner than later. :/

And its about time for the Indian fans to realize how crucial the 'rain factor' was for SL to get away with just a 1-0 series defeat. 3 tests, just 9 days of peaceful cricket, 1-0 England. Imagine had the same series consisted of 5 peaceful days per test match as this?

teamindia

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
7 more needed to avoid this being the largest margin defeat for India. Can we do it? Yes we can !!

darthlewis1

Club Captain
Imagine if elstone had dropped that one. That would be the worst feeling ever being the 12th man and dropping two in a row.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Congrats England on becoming the Number 1 Test side in the world. You have played great cricket in last 3 weeks to deserve this. Asking for a 2-2 is too much for India now, but hope we atleast play in one match with full strength.

Dhoni you have been in awful form but I support you in your thick and thin career. You have been brilliant and champs come back strongly and we will come back strongly. We have plenty of time to regain the number 1 rankings, what we need to do is find some good bowlers and a fit side to play 5 days of cricket

teamindia

Club Cricketer
Congrats England on becoming the Number 1 Test side in the world. You have played great cricket in last 3 weeks to deserve this. Asking for a 2-2 is too much for India now, but hope we atleast play in one match with full strength.

Dhoni you have been in awful form but I support you in your thick and thin career. You have been brilliant and champs come back strongly and we will come back strongly. We have plenty of time to regain the number 1 rankings, what we need to do is find some good bowlers and a fit side to play 5 days of cricket

How can they be no.1 till the test series ends? And they need to win 2-0 or 3-1 I guess. Hope India bounces back.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
These are my prediction for near future

SERIES START DATE |Number of Test Matches in Series| TEAM A|TEAM B| TEAM A WINS |TEAM B WINS
21 Jul, 2011| 4 |England | India|3|0
31 Aug, 2011| 3 |Sri Lanka | Australia|1|1
09 Nov, 2011| 2 |South Africa | Australia|1|0
01 Dec, 2011| 2 |Australia | New Zealand|1|0
15 Dec, 2011| 3 |South Africa | Sri Lanka|2|0
26 Dec, 2011| 4 |Australia | India|1|2
07 Mar, 2012| 3 |New Zealand | South Africa|0|2
26 Mar, 2012| 2 |Sri Lanka | England|1|0

For all the downcast Indian fans, here's some good news: Indian opening batsman Virender Sehwag is scheduled to land in England on Tuesday morning.

tarun87

Club Captain
here's some good news: Virender Sehwag is scheduled to land in England on Tuesday morning.
hope Zaheer is also feet for next match

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Speaking as an England fan, I hope we recover from the injuries that have blighted us in this match. Trott and Swann are two of our best players, who were affected by injury, so couldn't perform as well as we all know they can. Just as well the rest were good enough to see off this poor side we're playing.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Hope India is full strength next match. I'll stay optimistic and say they can make it 2-2.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
How's the Edgbaston pitch look like? More spin and abrasive wicket (thats the commentators said a few days back)? The Oval should definitely be a spinner's wicket (from what I know of the Oval in my years of watching India in England contests). If we play full strength next match, hope the team can pick up and perform to the best that they can. We have to remember that Australia series in 2007 where we were down 2-0 but we came back to win at Perth and draw at Adelaide to lose 2-1 and got the respect from the crowd for playing a good series. I wouldn't mind a 2-1 defeat here to England (that in itself would be decent for India from here). A 2-2 series level result would be FANTASTIC!!!! Fingers crossed.

Zaheer for Sreesanth, Sehwag for Mukund and Gambhir for Raina should be the replacements. Yuvraj should play after his decent show this game.

Users who are viewing this thread