England In India - October 2011/12

P

pcfan123

yawn, we'll let the cricket do the talking. I'm just looking forward to whatever hairbrained excuse you lot come up with after the next loss.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
A blessing in disguise for us as Harbhajan is injured. Sehwag, Gambhir and Zaheer return, which is truly awesome for us. My XI would be,

1. Gautam Gambhir
2. Virender Sehwag
3. Rahul Dravid
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. VVS Laxman
6. Suresh Raina
7. MS Dhoni
8. Zaheer Khan
9. Praveen Kumar
10. Ishant Sharma
11. Amit Mishra

----------

If they are all excuses then you should have no problem with my post as you should just believe that England will be able to do it again easily like they did in the first two tests. When someone someone ignores the facts then they are classified as excuses but when they oppose that same fact then that changes it to the Truth. You proved it.
:thumbs

6ry4nj

International Coach
Originally Posted by Themer
I'd cover myself in oil and gyrate against Nelson's column if he gets more than 4 wickets all match..
4 wickets for Mishra? Could easily happen I reckon, better ready that oil...

It wasn't really a bet. Themer does that whenever he's in London after dark...;)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
A blessing in disguise for us as Harbhajan is injured. Sehwag, Gambhir and Zaheer return, which is truly awesome for us. My XI would be,

1. Gautam Gambhir
2. Virender Sehwag
3. Rahul Dravid
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. VVS Laxman
6. Suresh Raina
7. MS Dhoni
8. Zaheer Khan
9. Praveen Kumar
10. Ishant Sharma
11. Amit Mishra

----------

:thumbs

I agree with you. We could be playing a full strength team at Edgbaston (if Zaheer is fit; coz I think Viru and Gauti are fit). Gives us a better chance and hope. I feel Dhoni's form is critical to our prospects in that game. Better he buck up and start performing, both behind the stumps and with bat.

Sobi

Banned
looking at the reactions after the first two tests,in the future, i'll be thinking India is the best team there ever will be in cricket after it beats SA in SA without Amla, Smith, De Villiers, Styne, Morkell in the squad. :lol

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
You weren't missing your 5 best players though?

You're only as good as your reserves.

jacobfelix

International Coach
It has been 2 days since the Test got over but the local dailies here are having fun time from the last 2 days by making the Post-Mortem of the Indian team in their sports pages.....Headlines like "Captain Cool feeling the heat" ; " Indian team dressing room now a hospital ward" ; " Has Dhoni lost his Midas touch".....and articles stating Dhoni losing his touch, mentally & physically jaded, blaming it on IPL, Duncan Fletcher as well:D.......One whole sheet of such headlines and articles itself...:D

And for the next few days, I have decided not to see the sports pages of any daily....:D

Sureshot

Executive member

Indeed. Sehwag is a big blow, but is he the only reason why that batting line up has yet to score over 300 in 4 innings on two good batting tracks? Hardly.

I do love the insinuation though that we've got lucky, over the last 12 months we've not shown any sort of ability to play Test cricket!

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
Whats with your sig Stinkybohoon? I don't get it.

reading a book called Chinaman by Shehan Karunatilaka, it's about a dying cricket writer searching for a fictional sri lankan spinner. In it they play a game called "seamless paki" in which you try and string pakistans players together using last names for the next first name. that was the current longest in the book.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
I read that in cricinfo, I think.

I think Raina should be dropped. Enough playing around with him, bring in Kohli.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I read that in cricinfo, I think.

I think Raina should be dropped. Enough playing around with him, bring in Kohli.

it's alright,

and ditto on kohli. At least he can sort of play the short ball, he's not any better than raina overall but raina is just such a walking bowling plan. you can imagine the england dressing room spending an hour or two going over various ideas of how to get laxman out and then going "right, now raina, soooo, everyone ok with the short ball? yep. ok next..."

when you have a batsman so obviously worked out he should be dropped until he sorts that flaw.

lewissaffin

Club Cricketer
reading a book called Chinaman by Shehan Karunatilaka, it's about a dying cricket writer searching for a fictional sri lankan spinner. In it they play a game called "seamless paki" in which you try and string pakistans players together using last names for the next first name. that was the current longest in the book.

Sorry to veer off-topic but I saw that reviewed in the Wisden Cricketer magazine. Is it any good?

Sobi

Banned

Yeah we weren't but we were surely missing the openers and a best bowler in the team. Evrn though indian batting lineup is one of the best in the world but they dont fire when the openers collapse early and maybe other teams also feel the same pressure down the order when their openers are not contributing. You cannot expect a team to score a big total when your openers are getting only 0, 5, or 8 runs partnerships. Another thing is that we were missing Zaheer who is the only life in this dead bowling attack. These bowlers mostly perform when they have Zak to back them up. You cannot expect a team to win without a good opening stand to see off the new ball and neither can you do it with a crap bowling attack when its also missing its only wicket taking bowler.

Users who are viewing this thread