England in New Zealand

I was very impressed by Jessy Ryder walking straight after he got run-out, very mature, as he knew he was out. Especially on debut it shows a good attitude towards the game. It was then ruined by an official stopping him on the boundary as he had not been given out by the third umpire. :rolleyes:

I was very impressed by Jessy Ryder walking straight after he got run-out, very mature, as he knew he was out. Especially on debut it shows a good attitude towards the game. It was then ruined by an official stopping him on the boundary as he had not been given out by the third umpire. :rolleyes:

Ya Its very good when batsman walking off pitch when he knew he's out,but there are some rules buddy in cricket what if he think he is out and actually he is not then everybody blame officials;)..so about run out i think he should wait n anyway it was close.:D

I was impressed by Ryder as well.

Daniel Flynn is a very good replacement for Oram. I approve. Another young guy who performed well this season. He bowls some tidy off-spin as well. I guess they had to replace all-rounder with all-rounder. e bats at the end overs as well so a good swap.

I don't think these old style uniforms bring us much luck haha. I love that old uniform from the days I started watching. Good memories of Cairns bringing us home in that Champions Trophy final in it.

I didn't like how the miced up players. That's kinda a Channel 9 thing and they failed badly. Styris almost could have injured himself onthe equipment and the players could barely hear anything. I hope they ditch it tonight.

Last edited:
We capitulated late in the innings, from 53-2 we could have finished 200-6 or something. England always lose lots of wickets quickly in T20s.

Your wish comes true today,england 5 overs 57.

I still don't understand why NZ axed Harris. The way they're going, surely the last thing they need is to forcibly exclude decent players.

Another very good performance by England, Mustard, Wright, Shah and Colly all doing really well with the bat. The bowlers worked well as a unit too. Bring on Saturday.

I still don't understand why NZ axed Harris. The way they're going, surely the last thing they need is to forcibly exclude decent players.

I don't understand why we axe any players or put pressure on the senior ones. But we do.

Pretty disgraceful performance. I went to the game and the stand on the other side of the ground was missing so it was pretty cold sitting in the wind. Crowd was alright, but it's hard to get any atmosphere with half the stadium missing.

I was disappointed really. Though we've been spoilt in the past with record run-chases, big hundreds, fastest test double centuries and stuff at the ground in the past. This game just seemed a little bit boring. Not just because we lost and got thrashed, I just expected more from it. I think you lose a lot of quality due to players not being able to build and innings before they launch.

I was hoping we'd bat first this time, but it wasn't to be. I think with a young side it takes the pressure off them a lot when they don't have run-rates to think about. Again Fulton was hopeless, shouldn't be in the squad. He's the kind of guy who builds his innings. How is a bit the same, but he should be opening as that's his usual position. They seem to change the batting order around every game, but every time it gets worse.

Sidebottom and Mascaranas and Collingwood again were the ones who won the game for England.

Southee bowled exceptionally. He really pulled England back. He's going to be one for the future.

Apparently Vettori (who I walked past at the match infact) and Oram are going to play the first ODI, which will be good. We can't afford to be missing our two best players, especially when they can both contribute well in both bowling and batting.

I reckon we can pull things back. ODI cricket is our strength without doubt.

I am ANGRY at New Zealand administration at the way they handle their team. We all knew first hand that we don't have a strong domestic competition, but they compound the issue by picking players who PERFORMED WELL IN THEIR DOMESTIC SIDES IN A CERTAIN POSITION, and then put them into the team with a random batting number.

WHAT?

Where is the leadership from our seniors in this current mob? MArtin, Mills both went for plenty, Hitchcock's first ball is a six.

Clear them all out now and put in youngsters. We are going to get trashed in the series and tests anyways regardless, so why not blood youngsters.

England looks way too polished, clinical, and in top form to have us even coming anywhere close to beating them. I just can't imagine what would have happened had Flintoff been fit. It's not like this English team is xp, they have youngsters too, and they all seem a class above ours. Whereas their batsmen hit runs into gaps, we hit them st to fielders. Whereas they select their shots properly for boundaries, we slog them generally in one direction and hope for the best with premeditative shots.

God save us, we are going to get trashed this summer.

Another stong performance from a getting better England side.

However, I think the only reason why the 2 Twenty20's have been pretty Easy in Vettori. He is the one man NZ need back.... Badly!

I didnt like the look at Wright after the first game, however i have just seen his score now and he looked alright. Keep Mustard.

The one thing i am still thinking about is wether Mal loye should be in the Twenty20 Squad?? He is a great Twenty20 player (as noticed last year, as i have a season ticket at lancashire) I think he would be a great addition to the side. :clap

I agree, they have stuffed up the New Zealand team. If these players have gotten into the team as a result of good form in a certain spot, then there is no reason they shouldn't be in the same spot in the national team.

The only positive i see from this game for NZ is Southee. He was really good with the ball and the way he bowled to Pieterson was promising. I was listening to Martin Crowe and i think he hit the nail with the hammer when he said "none of the bowling/batting/fielding coaches have represented NZ ever so why should they be their trying to help out the players at a level they've never experienced"? Taylor's dismissal reflects that. As for putting players in incorrect positions well i've been against Mccullum openning for a long time. He's a formidable middle-order player and new blood who've played as openners in the domestic competitions should have that spot.

The whole thing with coaches is out blown. India had best time in last 4 years when they were without a coach for long time and the players took responsibility of there actions.

Jhon Buchanna was also a good example of coach who was not that successfull but under him the Australians went from brilliant to unbeatable.

It depends on the coaching. For a fielding/batting/bowling coach i think you need someone who's not only experienced but has excelled at what they've done. So like an Andy Flower for England's batting coach is a great option. Alan Donald had a stint with England's bowling and i've think they've improved substantially as a result. I'm not sure about Troy Cool (?) who was their bowling coach during the 2005 Ashes though.

The whole thing with coaches is out blown. India had best time in last 4 years when they were without a coach for long time and the players took responsibility of there actions.

Jhon Buchanna was also a good example of coach who was not that successfull but under him the Australians went from brilliant to unbeatable.

You make a good point there. I think some players don't suit being coached. Australia didn't need coaching. Players have natural talent and get into the team with that, so why coach them differently. I don't think players should be too influenced by the coaching staff. They should be looking at them to do stuff like, improve playing a shot they play badly, or improving slower balls, or improving against spin. etc.

Bracewell should have been sacked, but at the same time, I do feel for him, because it's a difficult time to be coaching.

And cheese, I totally agree about players out of their order. Jamie How opens for the Black Caps ODI side, and CD in all forms. In the 2 matches he's come in in two totally new positions. Ryder usually bats 4. He's instead opening in How's place. Styris the same, should be at 4. Fulton just doesn't suit the format.

I think the problem is, we lost McMillan, Cairns before him and Harris and of course McCullum has gone up the order. We have lost a hitter to support Oram at the 5 or 6 position. Fulton doesn't strike me as one of those kinda guys. I like Fulton as a player, though he has a few things he needs to address.

Users who are viewing this thread