Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
But on the same foot Batty is alot more experienced as obviously he's been playing cricket for alot long and actually has a better batting record that Rashid does in OD matches and a better bowling average. The fact that Rashid is a wrist spinner shouldn't be a massive point especially when the person with the most wickets on this tour is an Offie like Batty.

I would like to mention I'd rather neither play as Batty just isn't good enough whilst I feel that its a tad early for Rashid, I wouldn't want us to go do a Monty Panesar on him introducing him into ODI cricket so early and potentially damaging him at that form of the game.

It's not a case of low intellect. I have my opinions but can't really be bothered to back them up, and if I did people like you would probably poke holes in them. So I just don't bother. Winding you up is becoming something of a hobby.

ahahhaah your having fun with this.

It's not a case of low intellect. I have my opinions but can't really be bothered to back them up, and if I did people like you would probably poke holes in them. So I just don't bother. Winding you up is becoming something of a hobby.

You don't back your opinions up because they are mostly complete nonsense that no statistics would back up, only disprove.

Lee, its pretty obvious that you're either on this forum to post the most idiotic stuff ever, OR, you just don't know Cricket.

Whichever one it is, wise-up.

Rashid has too play, its simple as. For one, it'll give the England management a proper look at his game, and how he's developed. And secondly, the experience will most certainly do some good.

How you, Lee, can say that statistics don't count AND tell us that Pietersen should be dropped is quite obviously mad. I think you should jog on and find a forum with a lot less intellect to go and spout your nonsense.

The premise of winding someone up though is that you come out looking better and they actually get annoyed, whereas you're the one that's being made to look a prat, and as opposed to feeling wound up, I'm laughing at you. More flawed logic from the brain of Lee Payne. Nice try though ;)

Also, to back up my point, as I like to do. MSN, i attempted to wind you up by making jokes regarding inbreeding and the Norfolk stereotype of incestuous activity. This went on for a prolonged period of time. You got increasingly annoyed and run off crying to Ste. I sit laughing, knowing that I was joking and that I was successful in winding you up. Seems I win again Lee.

There are 2 things I know about. Cricket and football.

1. Statistics DO count, I drop a few in now and again but they are overused in this sport. I would be apalled if a player was selected purely on his stats.

2. Pietersen needs just one game out and that's all. It's not some vendetta against him, he is a talented player, but a kick up the backside is what he needs to realise his talent.

There are 2 things I know about. Cricket and football.

1. Statistics DO count, I drop a few in now and again but they are overused in this sport. I would be apalled if a player was selected purely on his stats.

2. Pietersen needs just one game out and that's all. It's not some vendetta against him, he is a talented player, but a kick up the backside is what he needs to realise his talent.

Come on then, MR. Footy and Cricket genius.

Lets have a "drop or two," of statistics in here.

Can you give me a run down of the last 10 scores of Mr. Kevin Pietersen?

Now I didn't say I was a genius did I. That's mincing words. I said that I know about cricket and football, having been a massive fan of both for years.

How can a massive fan not deduct that Kevin Pietersen is alot better than in 2005?

As fascinating as picking apart Lee is, I am more concerned about Batty being in the squad and the risk that he might actually play in an ODI :eek:

How can a massive fan not deduct that Kevin Pietersen is alot better than in 2005?
I don't deny that. I merely mentioned the 2005 Pietersen as an example of the attacking intent I'd like to see from him at times.

Now I didn't say I was a genius did I. That's mincing words. I said that I know about cricket and football, having been a massive fan of both for years.

Where are these stats, Lee?

Ok its not exactly accurate due to the not out, but from the last 5 test matches, only counting the innings he batted, he's still doing well.

V India (Chennai)

4 (34)
1 (4)

v India (Mohali)

144 (309)
DNB 2nd Inn

V West Indies (Kingston)

97 (227)
1 (3)

V West Indies) (St. Johns)

51 (198)
32 (68)

V West Indies (Bridgetown)

41 (117)
72* (149)

Av. 49.2222222222

You're posting it, so it's obvious that it's your opinion, you don't need to put imo. If you were highlighting someone elses opinion you'd quote them.

Sigh, was that worth it. :rolleyes:

The_gas added 3 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

The premise of winding someone up though is that you come out looking better and they actually get annoyed, whereas you're the one that's being made to look a prat, and as opposed to feeling wound up, I'm laughing at you. More flawed logic from the brain of Lee Payne. Nice try though ;)

Also, to back up my point, as I like to do. MSN, i attempted to wind you up by making jokes regarding inbreeding and the Norfolk stereotype of incestuous activity. This went on for a prolonged period of time. You got increasingly annoyed and run off crying to Ste. I sit laughing, knowing that I was joking and that I was successful in winding you up. Seems I win again Lee.

Dan, grow up. This is supposed to be a discussion, not trying to wind up other forum memebers up and getting one up on them.

Sigh, was that worth it. :rolleyes:

Yes, it was. Just something that bugs me on internet forums, just thought I'd mention. Not sure why it needed that sort of reaction from you though, as the reasoning behind it makes sense, as surely the premise of a forum is to spout your opinions and ideas? Unless I'm dreadfully mistaken.

Dan, grow up. This is supposed to be a discussion, not trying to wind up other forum memebers up and getting one up on them.

I like it. The one person that defends Lee and attempts to turn the attack back onto me is Gas, another member that hails from Norwich. Funny that.

Also, I love that it's you of all people that's telling me to grow up. The 28 year old that finds it hilarious to constantly spam the forums/my vistor message box with a picture of 3 England internationals naked.

Just to end this here, it stopped being a discussion when Lee said how he apparently enjoys 'winding me up' by making himself look like a buffoon. Now that is the earmark of a genius. So it should have been Lee that you quoted, considering he was the first one to mention winding up other members, not me.

How about we leave any issues between people on MSN? (which is where they started) Lee can stop trying to wind Dan up (yes Lee, you told me you were trying to, on MSN) and Dan can stop reacting and adding fuel to the flames ;)

Users who are viewing this thread