Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
The way I see it, Lee posted his opinion and 5 or so members started insulting him which is pointless and led to this. In another thread, another member has jumped on the bandwagon AS HE ALWAYS DOES.

There's no point naming names but I'm not referring to anyone who's posted recently in this thread which makes it even more baffling that he'll jump down Lee's throat for no reason in another.

Ok, the thing between Dan and Lee should be over. It needs to stop, keep it to MSN!

If I'm accused of "attacking, " then ermm... Someone who accuses me needs brain surgery to correct themselves.

And back on topic, I hope Batty doesn't play. It'd be a step back, and a step backwards so near the Ashes.

How about we leave any issues between people on MSN?

Ok, the thing between Dan and Lee should be over. It needs to stop, keep it to MSN!

Want to be my parrot, Si :p

Is Swann going to play in this final test, considering he has an injured elbow? Or is he just going to "play through the pain" and wait to the ODI's? it is Friday it starts right?

I think I read ODi's where out of the question, So i'd imagine he'd be ok for the final test. I hope he is.

To all these people who say Batty shouldn't have been picked who would you have picked instead? Not saying you are wrong but just interested.

Well, with Rashid already in the squad we could have gone for another batsman, as that's what Patel is. England are playing him as a spinner who bats, but he is a batsman who bowls abit, so I'd have brought in Trott. Or if they were desperate for a bowling all-rounder, then someone like Napier.

Why has Mascarenhas suddenly appeared out of the blue again? I'm not complaining I really rate him, but where has he been?

I really like Dan's team though, I hope they use it

Dimi has been tearing it up with the bat in NZ domestic cricket (T20 and 50 over) as well as opening the bowling and performing competantly.

Dimi has been tearing it up with the bat in NZ domestic cricket (T20 and 50 over) as well as opening the bowling and performing competantly.

Good to hear. Hopefully then he will be in the 1st ODI and repeat his form on the swinging pitches of NZ, to these roads in the Windies

He's 21, it's time to bed him into international cricket.

I can't say anything about Gareth Batty, as there is no point to make.

Amazing what I can do when I'm not even here! Btw, Gas isn't from Norwich, he is from Bristol, he just lives here.

I'm surprised Luke Wright hasn't been mentioned. I don't rate him at all but he's a batsman who can bowl.

Good to hear. Hopefully then he will be in the 1st ODI and repeat his form on the swinging pitches of NZ, to these roads in the Windies

Some numbers:

In T20:
- 163 runs at 27.16 (strike rate of 145.53)
- 7 wickets at 25.85 (economy of 8.22)

In List A:
- 178 runs at 44.50 (strike rate of 97.80)
- 9 wickets at 32.66 (economy rate of 3.50)

I'm surprised the selectors haven't looked at Mark Davies (Tests) or Graham Napier (ODi's) yet either. Both have very good records, and considering the hype around Napier I'd have thought he'd have been given a go by now. Jade Dernbach is another possibility for the future, maybe not in Test cricket, but certainly in ODi's, he was the leading wicket taker in List A's last year, and had very good overall figures, bar economy which was a little high, but apart from that he had very good figures.

There are some good bowlers knocking about County Cricket, just seems the selectors are unwilling to give them a go, relying on the old hands like Harmison and Sidebottom. I can see why Harmison has been given a run though, his stats from last year were remarkable. 34 wickets at 18 in List A cricket with an economy just over 4 and a half. Just hasn't been able to reproduce that form at international level. So the names I think should be considered are:

Tests:
Kabir Ali
Mark Davies (saw his stats posted on CricketWeb today, they're fantastic)
Robbie Joseph
Graham Napier
Tim Bresnan

ODi's:
Jade Dernbach
Graham Napier
Tim Bresnan
Darren Pattinson
Graeme Onions

There are alot of decent bowlers knocking about. Surprisingly though in FC cricket last summer, the 2 English bowlers with the best averages in FC cricket are in the England squad currently. With James Anderson having the best bowling average of anyone in FC cricket last year, taking 49 wickets at 21, followed by Steve Harmison who took 65 wickets at 22. So I can see why Harmy's in the side, I think he needs to be given another go, and all the criticism coming his way is a little harsh. I didn't think he bowled that badly at the ARG, and he did perform in Domestic cricket last year and deserved his call-up. Hopefully he'll go back to Durham before the Ashes and get the same results and be back to his best again.

Stand up speak up Lee. Beat the bullies.

Was it not fairly recently we called up James Tredwell for a similar role as Batty's? There are loads of players who I would have ahead but if we're going just for a spinner, I guess Batty is up there. Realistically though Rashid has to play. At least with him we know he has the potential (I hate that word :D) to do something special.

Users who are viewing this thread