Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
Not sure if I can use the right half of my brain after listening to most of the days play on and off on the radio.

Dangerous game Gayle is playing, going for the draw from the off. But can't help thinking that England should have done a bit more. They seldom seem to play the game at the pace of the modern game and don't seem to hustle those singles. Maybe its because we just don't get slow turning wickets in England or maybe its the penguins?

Utter boredom that but England have done well today. West Indies were too way too negative, they knew England would have a long tail and could have exploited that to get a win for a 2-0 series win.

Strauss once again gets a century the batting department looks sound for the Ashes, the bowling the opposite, which is quite worrying tbh because the Australian batting is better and our bowlers look awful of late, they're the better team atm quite easily.

I would disagree with the bowling being awful. I think Swanny, Broad and Anderson have all bowled well this series, I know the stats don't add up, especially for Jimmy, but he has bowled well throughout.

I feel confident seeing the turn, albeit slow, on this wicket (on day one!) and having gone in with two spinners. I feel we were about 25-30 runs short, that said, we have Colly in, Strauss is in fantastic touch and Shah and Prior are to come. Scoring quickly won't be easy, but I think we're looking at 450 for tomorrow, I would like to see an hours bowling tomorrow night, if we don't get bowled out.

:eek:Another ton for Strauss, very impressed, though the bowling wasn't great...

"My mum would be queuing up to face that lad" - Geoff Boycott, priceless.

I must point out that after hearing that on TMS i spent the next 5 minutes absolutley ****ing myself, as Geoff ranted on about how going down a coal mine was scary but this bowling was quite to the contrary. Though I do seem to be in a minority when I say that I love Geoff.

And who saw Colly's cameo at the end???:eek::hpraise:hpraise:hpraise

Not usually a fan of Boycott, but am forcing myself to admit he actually talks a lot of sense, as long as you can get past the fact he's a Yorkshireman :p Is anyone more correct? maybe penguins?

Seriously what is it with you and pengiuns? Have I missed something?

I've always liked Boycott because he talks a hell of a lot of sense (although he does repeat things a lot).

Not wanting to upset you Wolf, but yes you have missed something. Don't worry though, My Penguin obsession will soon be over. Boycott does indeed talk a lot of sense, but he is bloody annoying. Could be worse though, he could be Bob Willis. Who do I love more than Boycott? Penguins?

What concerns me is that if Owais establishes himself in the side these cramps look like they are going to cause him considerable problems.

Here comes Shah now.
They were just saying on commentary about Strauss not being good at continuing innings overnight and then crash; down go the stumps. Sounds to me like Windies need to get Strauss into bat at 5.30pm or so.

Run out by a substitute fielder. Where have I heard that before?
Two runouts in a series dominated by the bat is just crazy.

Shah's running is laughable. I run better between the wickets than Shah, and I've only been playing 2 years. He is really going to need to work on that if he's going to play Test cricket. It's strange though, you'd have thought it'd be more of a problem in ODi cricket, yet I can't recall him having any problems at all when running between the wickets in ODi's =/

Users who are viewing this thread