Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ramnaresh Sarwan

• Shivnarine Chanderpaul

• Kieron Pollard???

• Total voters
Monty was seriously lacking match practise before the India series. He had planned to go to Sri Lanka to play some club cricket, but couldn't go for some reason. So the only bowling he had was in the nets, which isn't enough for him clearly. I think this week or 2 with Mushy could really have Monty buoyant and really up and ready for this series. Could be a good'un for Monty!.

Monty was seriously lacking match practise before the India series. He had planned to go to Sri Lanka to play some club cricket, but couldn't go for some reason.

Some reason being the ECB being unwilling to shell out ?7000 which Bloomfield demanded to accomodate Panesar in their team.

It's only a warm-up. But Wow, Simmons! Call that man up ASAP! Barath also maybe - they need an opener (though he's rather young and new, his record is very good)

Now this is called a beating. They should send the whole West Indies A team to play against England.

This score even looks good for a day at a Test match.

West Indies A 343/2 (86.0 ov)
West Indies A RR 3.98

Give some props to the young Trini boys. Good to see them perform against a good bowling attack. Both of them just put their names in contention for the 2nd test.

Yes decent batting by the young ones, Simmons is no stranger to the game at the level and am happy for Barath, he is finally getting a taste of bowlers at the highest level, sadly none of the forms part of the first test squad!!!

It just the WICB going by their old ways. They named the 1st test squad even before these guys had a chance to claim a spot. They better be called up for the 2nd test even if they don't play they better be in the squad.

The bowlers need to come good whenever they get a chance to bowl, especially Jaggs or Wallace. Just so they can get Benn out of the team.

It's only a warm-up. But Wow, Simmons! Call that man up ASAP! Barath also maybe - they need an opener (though he's rather young and new, his record is very good)
They've had their hands on Lendl Simmons before, but it's Barath with which the future of the Windies rests. Mind you, it's obviously a belter of a pitch, they make some pretty good ones at Basseterre.

More to the point, let's see this Windies A squad get out and about more. I like the look of it, but West Indies domestic cricket dooms them to permanent inexperience. They could double the amount of first class cricket they play with just a couple of tours.

More to the point, let's see this Windies A squad get out and about more. I like the look of it, but West Indies domestic cricket dooms them to permanent inexperience. They could double the amount of first class cricket they play with just a couple of tours.

Yea true they need to go and play some matches abroad or invite some teams to the Caribbean. WICB is low on cash and this is the first time in a while that the West Indies A team has played a match.
I hope that this is not a one of thing and they keep it going.

When English team came to India, they were battered by a unknown low grade team, when they said it was just a warm up game, etc. And were subsequently thrashed again and again later. Hope history doesn't repeat itself.

When English team came to India, they were battered by a unknown low grade team, when they said it was just a warm up game, etc. And were subsequently thrashed again and again later. Hope history doesn't repeat itself.

You speaking for yourself mate, I hope history can repeat itself:D. Its a pity that Simmons is not part of the test squad for the first test, but I do hope he gets the double, will do his cricket a lot of good. And I have read one or two comments about flat track, runs made, are runs made, flat track or not, unless of course, persons want to say England not pressing the WI A Team because they just want bowling practice!!!

We have been hammered by Barath and Simmons in a Warm up game, but we will NOT lose either Test series against the West Indies, and I'd be surprised if we lost the ODi series as well. As much as I like the Windies, they've not got a good enough side to beat us. They've got a few good players, the likes of Chanderpaul, Gayle, Sarwan and Taylor, but the rest are mediocre. They've not really improved since we mauled them in the Test series in England, and have actually lost Bravo, so I can see this being a fairly simple series win for England, and you can happily quote me on this.

Man am I going to be embarassed if we lose now :p

I see it being tougher than that. The West Indies have improved since we last played them, they won a test in South Africa and have not really been humiliated like they have been. They've got some good players coming through. For me, England will win the tests 3-1 and the ODIs 3-2, but it certainly won't be a walk in the park.

Swann definetly won't play the first test now nor will Harmison I don't think, Anderson's probably done enough now and Sidebottom will get in their.

My Team
Strauss
Cook
Shah
Pietersen
Bell
Flintoff
Prior
Broad
Sidebottom
Anderson
Panesar

England are poo. This is an indication of how the series will go. Personally I hope we get whitewashed and then maybe the selectors will fnially sort it out.

Users who are viewing this thread